Opening external reports from Gofish

Andrew Nickless

Nov 9, 2015, 4:41:59 PM11/9/15
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro
Hi Jim

Its great having these new changes.

One thing I have been meaning to raise.

If I search through externals reports using the Advanced option and have selected frx's only,by folder and include subfolders

I open any found report file via gofish and from the reports data environment open Before open table or init.

I try to close the report and get a 'File Not Open' error and need to End Foxpro from the task manager as it is hung up in a loop.

This occurs always, so I use gofish to search so I never open it with via gofish.  ?

regards

Andrew

Jim

Nov 9, 2015, 5:00:33 PM11/9/15
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Andrew

Can you tell me anything more about the file not open error?  Is that happening in some GoFish code or is it a fox pro error?

Sent from my iPhone

Andrew Nickless

Nov 9, 2015, 5:07:40 PM11/9/15
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
No sorry, only the sequence to replicate but it is a VFP error.

Jim

Nov 9, 2015, 5:28:39 PM11/9/15
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Well the sequence then as clearly as possible.

And this happens in all FRXs?

Sent from my iPhone

Jim Nelson

Nov 9, 2015, 6:16:52 PM11/9/15
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Andrew --

One more question -- is this something that just started with the new GF Beta, or did it happen with the production version as well?

Andrew Nickless

Nov 9, 2015, 7:38:59 PM11/9/15
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Gofish search as per image Current Dir , include subs, file types set to FRX

results displayed

Double click to open a report , the one which the search item is not found in BOT

when the report is open

Right click and open data environment

Right click and open init method and ...