CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: 2015 AAAI Symposium on Structured Data for Humanitarian Tech

Hemant Purohit

Feb 27, 2015, 3:59:43 PM2/27/15
to DS4-Soc...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

It is our pleasure to announce the 2015 AAAI Spring Symposium on Structured Data for Humanitarian Technologies. The symposium's objective is to assess the role of Structured Data standards such as Linked Data, which can be quickly reused, integrated and extended, in the humanitarian space. The symposium will be held from March 23-25 at Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, USA.

We have an exciting program designed to appeal to computer science researchers, and both linked data and humanitarian technology practitioners. It includes

* Three Keynote Speeches: Andrej Verity (UN OCHA), Sharad Mehrotra (University of California, Irvine), and Eduardo Jezierski (InSTEDD)

* Two Panels:  Challenges and Prospects of integrating Data-driven approach in Large-scale Humanitarian Operations, Building a Data-driven Emergency Response

* Research Papers

* Tutorials, Demos, and a Poster Session

More details about the full program and topics of the symposium can be found at: http://knoesis.org/hemant/symposium/aaai2015

We invite you to register for the symposium at: http://www.aaai.org/Symposia/Spring/sss15.php

Regards,

#SD4HumTech15 team