India's stand in KDD 2016

Nishank Varshney

Jul 7, 2016, 7:23:24 AM7/7/16
to ds4-soc...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

The 22nd
ACM SIGKDD 2016 will be held at San Francisco, California from August 13-17, 2016.

KDD has come out with its list of accepted papers for 2016.

. Fig.1: Comparison of top contributors at KDD 2016 by number of paper accepts

Clearly, US has been the top research contributor for the past two years, with the highest number of accepts, though a tad less than 2015. China has a decent increase in its accepts from last year, whereas India and UK still stand on similar stats as compared to 2015.

Read more here

Join our mailing list for the latest updates.

Nishank Varshney
Research blog: Learn more about what we do

ASSESS 2015: Our annual international workshop on data-driven assessments

Data science for kids: Our fun initiative to teach kids data science

johnbri...@gmail.com

May 24, 2018, 4:39:40 AM5/24/18
to Data Science for Social Good

Data science is the study of where information comes from, what it represents and how it can be turned into a valuable resource in the creation of business and IT strategies. Mining large amounts of structured and unstructured data to identify patterns can help an organization rein in costs, increase efficiencies, recognize new market opportunities and increase the organization's competitive advantage.

The main advantage of enlisting data science in an organization is the empowerment and facilitation of decision-making. Organizations with data scientists can factor in quantifiable, data-based evidence into their business decisions.