Looking for weekly timeseries social good data

1 view

Nachum Plonka

Jun 22, 2016, 7:05:46 PM6/22/16
to Data Science for Social Good
Hi,
I work at a Silicon Valley company (Quantifind) that has great infrastructure for analyzing social media data and can effectively filter through a lot of the noise.  I want to try to use this for social good purposes, of course with the company's consent.  I am looking for a timeseries of social good data that might be informed by social media.

For example, we have in our database a lot of tweets regarding use of many medications e.g. advil, percocet, etc.  If I had access to timeseries data on the effects or usage of a medication, I could use this to derive explanations from social media.  This is just an example but any social good application that might be explained by discussion of an associated product on social media is good.

The timeseries needs to be granular, at a weekly level, recent (2011 and later), apply to the USA population, and preferably at least 3 years long.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

ijazz jazz

Mar 20, 2018, 1:53:47 AM3/20/18
to Data Science for Social Good
time series is a series of data points indexed (or listed or graphed) in time order. Most commonly, atime series is a sequence taken at successive equally spaced points in time. Thus it is a sequence of discrete-time data. Examples of time series are heights of ocean tides, counts of sunspots, and the daily closing value.