Bellagio white paper on big data and social change

Linnet Taylor

Sep 12, 2014, 8:12:03 AM9/12/14
to DS4-Soc...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Our Bellagio white paper, 'Big data and positive social change in the developing world: A white paper for practitioners and researchers' is now up at Rockefeller's website (http://www.rockefellerfoundation.org/uploads/files/c220f1f3-2e9a-4fc6-be6c-45d42849b897-big-data-and.pdf) and also on SSRN: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2491555. I'd be grateful for your help in disseminating it!

best,

Linnet

Davis Dulin

Oct 20, 2014, 12:31:16 PM10/20/14
to DS4-Soc...@googlegroups.com
That was a great read Linnet, Thank you.  Do you know where can I find more white papers like that?

johnbri...@gmail.com

May 24, 2018, 5:09:34 AM5/24/18
to Data Science for Social Good

A "data product" is a technical asset that utilizes data as input, and processes that data to return algorithmically-generated results. The classic example of a data product is a recommendation engine, which ingests user data, and makes personalized recommendations based on that data.