ML-India Interview series - Prof. Mausam, IIT Delhi

Nishank Varshney

Apr 27, 2016, 9:37:32 AM4/27/16
to ds4-soc...@googlegroups.com
We had the pleasure of interacting with Prof. Mausam, Associate Professor at Indian Institute of Technology - Delhi (IIT-D) and an affiliate faculty at University of Washington, as a part of our ML-India interview series.

Mausam's work focuses on large-scale information extraction and text summarization, AI & ML applications to crowdsourcing and education, automated planning under uncertainty, machine learning, and probabilistic reasoning.

He talks about his research on Crowdsourcing and Information Extraction. He also talks about his developing work in learning the habits of students interacting with e-learning websites like Coursera, Khan Academy etc. He also talks about the contrast of ecosystem for ML in India to his experience at the University of Washington.

He stresses on nurturing a critical mass of serious researchers
 in ML which would keep the students engaged and play a vital role in the growth of ML in India.

Read the complete interview here.

To join our mailing list for the latest updates, click here.

Nishank Varshney
Aspiring Minds Research

Research blog: Learn more about what we do
ASSESS 2015: Our annual international workshop on data-driven assessments
Data science for kids: Our fun initiative to teach kids data science