ML India Gurgaon chapter - First Meetup

Nishank Varshney

May 20, 2016, 4:22:15 AM5/20/16
to ds4-soc...@googlegroups.com
ML-India is pleased to inform that it has started the Gurgaon chapter and its first meetup was held on 14 May, 2016.

Read about it here.

They began the session with the introduction on machine learning pipeline and its fundamentals. This built the required momentum for everyone to get their hands dirty on the actual machine learning problem. They had a practical hands-on session on data interpretation and analysis followed by simple model building using Linear-Regression.

Some interesting high-level points of discussion were:

  • We should look at data and try to identify outliers.
  • There are different visualization tools out there like bar charts, scatter, box plots and quartile ranges to get a sense of your data.
  • How should we handle sparse data?
  • The basic machine learning pipeline to build a predictive model.
The participation, response and feedback from the participants was very encouraging! The audience enjoyed the discussion. We’ll keep up with having such engaging meetups on ML, and having researchers and practitioners involved in ML to discuss their work and insights.

PFA some images from the event.

Click here to join the group.

We urge other members in the Delhi/NCR region to join/contribute in these meetups and help spread the word.

Earlier, we had also started the Banglore chapter which has conducted multiple interesting meetups. Read about them here.

To join the Bangalore chapter, click here.

Please feel free to write us an email to see how you can specifically engage in this initiative.

To join our mailing list for the latest updates, click here.

Stay tuned!

Nishank Varshney

Research blog: Learn more about what we do
ASSESS 2015: Our annual international workshop on data-driven assessments
Data science for kids: Our fun initiative to teach kids data science
DSC_0079.jpg
DSC_0087.jpg
DSC_0090.jpg
DSC_00750.jpg