Pampered Chef Fundraiser

Jennifer Reutter

May 29, 2015, 8:25:01 AM5/29/15
to Cindy Chastang, Whitney Edmister, Cyclepaths Google Group, mbca...@ncsu.edu, Darcia Bos
Hi Cyclepaths-
My sister is hosting a Pampered Chef party through this Saturday to raise money for my BikeMS. Here's the link to placing an order online: tiny.cc/PCMSfundraiser. Please feel free to share with anyone who might be interested in making a purchase. They will donate 10% of sales up to $600, and if sales go over $700, they'll increase the donation to 15%!

Thanks!
Jenny

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 8:11 AM, Cindy Chastang <cindyc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you Whitney for the excellent ideas and for being SAG this week!

Routes for this weekend and next weekend are posted on our website:
http://www.selmacyclepaths.org/routes-and-cue-sheets.html

This Saturday - May 30 we still roll out at 9am and will be riding the Shoeheel routes.   We have heard that the Shoeheel store is now closed so there will be no restroom facilities available at the rest stop and no  chance to purchase snackes/gatorade.  Please plan accordingly.  It's going to be warm so be sure to drink early and often.

Just a quick reminder that this is the last weekend to take advantage of the discounted registration for Bike MS.

To register go to here:
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/NCTBikeEvents?team_id=406529&pg=team&fr_id=25674

Then click Join our Team and use code BIKEMONTH

Thanks,
Cindy

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 12:04 AM, Whitney Edmister <waedm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Team!

I will do my best to have a cooler of Gatorade in the sag vehicle on Saturday. :)

A few items below.

1. Weeknight Group Greenway Ride Possibility? Anyone interested in starting a weeknight group Greenway ride that meets in Raleigh at Centennial Campus, Meredith College, or another nearby location? I know there already exist some smaller group rides with members from our team.  An opportunity for fellowship, extra miles, and to spread the message of why we Bike MS. I met Marc Canady, cc'ed, tonight at Performance for a bicycle maintenance class. He cannot do Saturday rides due to racing and/or group rides he leads, but could do a weeknight ride. He is from New Bern and has been an active participant in Bike MS New Bern for 11 years.

2. Restarting Raleigh Bike Co-op? Instead of participating in the maintenance class, I got happily distracted by three boys ranging in age from 7-13. New to Raleigh, NC, and the US. All of African descent here for resettlement. Two had dilapidated bikes, one was completely out of commission, and all three had no helmets. I bought them helmets with Marc's help getting them fitted. My feelings are a helmet should be purchase #1. I would like to help get them bikes and in the process help them apply STEM principles in understanding how a bike works and how to properly maintain/repair a bike. Rider safety is definitely another lesson of paramount importance. Them having an interest in biking and having it sustained by others who are passionate about the sport along with getting exercise are definite ways to deal with the stress of relocating to the US. Huge transition! http://www.durhambikecoop.org/ http://1304bikes.com/about-1304/

3. Youth Cycling Outreach Program? I have been interested for awhile in starting a youth cycling outreach program--ties in with #2--since I have been back in NC riding through areas of Raleigh adjacent to the Greenways where poverty is very visible, present, and recently relocated (area by Lake Boone Rd). Connects with the NCSU motto of "Think and Do!" I will be reaching out to engineering faculty and students, who are active cyclists, through my work at NCSU; getting students engaged through service. Of course, I will also be asking these individuals to join our team! If anyone is part of existing programs or would like to be involved please connect with me.

4. For the engineers in our group and others who might have an interest, please see attached. I collaborated with Dr. Olga Pierrakos during her PhD work at Virginia Tech when I worked in the Center for the Enhancement of Engineering Diversity. Her design project featured in the ASEE paper could be modified for our audience--people with MS. Along those lines, I had reached out awhile back about a tandem possibility for my friend Darcia, also cc'ed, and me to get her participating in the "I Ride with MS" program. We have discussed that a tandem like what Nancy and Lisa and Marcus and Pam ride will not work. But, we have found an option through the Recumbent and Tandem Rider magazine that might just work!!! However, the bike/trike has to be assembled from a kit.
http://www.atomiczombie.com/KyotoCruiser%20Sociable%20Delta%20Trike.aspx
Neither of us is mechanically inclined; willing to learn, though. Could we get help from an aspiring Eagle Scout? Or perhaps we will get connected with 1304 Bikes. Ideas are welcomed.

Thanks for reading and considering! Have a great start to your Friday.

See you all Saturday :)

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 9:52 AM, Cindy Chastang <cindyc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi team,

Just a quick reminder that this is the last week to take advantage of the discounted registration for Bike MS.

To register go to here:
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/NCTBikeEvents?team_id=406529&pg=team&fr_id=25674

Then click Join our Team and use code BIKEMONTH

Routes for this weekend and next weekend are posted on our website:
http://www.selmacyclepaths.org/routes-and-cue-sheets.html

This Saturday - May 30 we still roll out at 9am and will be riding the Shoeheel routes.   We have heard that the Shoeheel store is now closed so there will be no restroom facilities available at the rest stop and no  chance to purchase snackes/gatorade.  Please plan accordingly.

Next Saturday = June 6 we ride the Mr Gs routes to lovely Wendell.   This starts our early start time for summer and we roll out at 8:15.

Huge thanks to our crack route and website team for keeping everything up to date on the website (Adrian, Dave, and Richard)

Thanks,
Cindy

Whitney A. Edmister
(540) 818-1298 (cell)
waedm...@gmail.com
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." -Ernest Hemingway