Thursday Wanderers

Neal Sunderman

May 19, 2015, 7:09:46 PM5/19/15
to CycleCi...@googlegroups.com, CincinnatiCy...@groupspaces.com
Thursday Wanderers, May 21. depart at 10.30 sharp.
Location: South Lebanon at Bike trail (intersection of S Main and Zoar Rds)
Ride Rating: Intermediate (no drop, wait at all change of direction intersections, 14 mph avg-including hills)
Ride Leader: Neal Sundermann 513-543-4050 "nea...@fuse.net"
Ride description: 40 mile total, loop ride to Waynesville for lunch on scenic, kinda hilly Warren county lo-traffic backroads.
Bring enough money for lunch.
This is an official weekly CCC ride: helmets and sign-in required. CCC Membership nor required, but strongly recommended.
    We start at different locations each week.
Cooler temps in the mid 50s and mid 60s, and winds from the NW to blow us home after lunch.

Neal Sunderman

May 26, 2015, 2:20:25 PM5/26/15
to CincinnatiCy...@groupspaces.com, CycleCi...@googlegroups.com
Thursday Wanderers, May 28, 9.30 AM departure.
    Please arrive with ample time to prepare before departure time.

Location: Loveland Starbucks parking lot (10653 Loveland-Madeira Rd, Loveland, 45140)
    NOTE--NOT at Nisbet Park. This is located just 1/2 mile north of I-275 / Loveland exit

Ride Rating: Intermediate

Ride Leader: Neal Sundermann; cell 513-543-4050 "nea...@fuse.net"

Ride description: 45 mile loop out past Morrow. four significant hills, all in the first 25 miles.
        Brunch at M & M Diner in beautiful Salem at about the halfway point.

    Av'g speed will be 14 mph. This is a no-drop ride. We will regroup at every turn and top of major hills.
There will be a couple cue sheets for sweep riders.

This is an official CCC ride, so helmets and sign-in are required.
Membership in CCC is encouraged, but not mandatory.

Neal Sunderman

May 28, 2015, 7:30:24 AM5/28/15
to CycleCi...@googlegroups.com, CincinnatiCy...@groupspaces.com

apparently a number of people did not get this two days ago
neal

Jun 2, 2015, 7:24:15 PM6/2/15
to CincinnatiCy...@groupspaces.com, CycleCi...@googlegroups.com
Thursday Wanderers--June 4--9.30 AM start

Location: Clermont Mercy Hospital--west parking lot

Ride Rating: Intermediate

Ride Leader: Neal Sundermann;  513.543.4050  "nea...@fuse.net"

Ride Description; 42 / 52 mile ride. Primary ride is a relatively level 42 mile loop to Mt Orab, with a stop there at a local restaurant for brunch.
    This is a no-drop ride. Group will wait at all turns to re-group. av'g speed 14 mph.
    There is a possibility of two speed groups, in which case the faster group will be 15/16 mph av'g and slower group at 12/13mph avg.

    If the 42 mile level loop leaves you wanting more, there is an optional 10 mile hill loop to add to the end that will go down into Batavia and then up Greenbriar hill.

This is an official  ride. Helmet and sign-in required.
CCC Membership is encouraged, but not mandatory.

Neal Sunderman

Jun 9, 2015, 7:56:30 PM6/9/15
to CincinnatiCy...@groupspaces.com, CycleCi...@googlegroups.com
Thursday Wanderers, June 11,  9.00 AM (sharp).

Location: Nisbet Park, Loveland

Ride Rating: Intermediate--2 levels; 12/13 mph and 15/16 mph.
    This is a 'no-drop' ride. We will wait and regroup at all turns and hilltops.

Ride Leader: Neal Sundermann 513.543.4050  "nea...@fuse.net"

Ride Description: 44 mile ride on scenic Warren county roads, suburban and country
    ride will proceed from Loveland to Mason to Morrow and back. Some hills, yes, but nothing horrible.
    Both speed groups will do the same route. If the ice cream restaurant in Morrow is open, we will have lunch there,
    otherwise a late lunch when we return to Loveland.

Neal Sunderman

Jun 15, 2015, 8:01:32 PM6/15/15
to Elisa Nickum, CincinnatiCy...@groupspaces.com, CycleCi...@googlegroups.com
Thursday Wanderers, June 18, start at 9.00 AM

Location: Morrow Ohio at the bike trail restrooms/shelter (Main & Center Sts, two blocks west of US 22)
    Start point and destination vary each week.

Ride Rating: Intermediate, two speed groups 13/14 and 15/16 mph av'g-- including hills
        This is a 'no-drop' ride. leaders will stop and re-group at top of long hills and at any turns.

Ride Leader: Neal Sundermann 15/16 mph... cell 513.543.4050
    co-leader: Molly Fitzmaurice 13/14 mph... cell 513.292.9455
        please put the leader of your speed group in your cell phone before the ride, in case of any problems.

Ride Description: 38 mile ride on country roads from Morrow to Hidden Valley Farm north of Lebanon for brunch (home-made pie)
    yes, there will be some hills along the way.
    Right now the weather looks iffy for Thursday. I'll be putting out a weather-related post on this same address on Wed. evening.
        If ride is to be canceled, i'll put out an additional posting Thursday morning no later than 7.00 AM

This is an official CCC ride. Helmets and sign-in are required. Membership is encouraged, but not mandatory.
OPTIONAL extra 30 miles--Neal will be leaving from his house at 7.45 AM for ride-to-the-ride (15 miles each way), for a total 73 mile ride.
    Let me know if you're planning on doing this.

Neal Sundermann
513.543.4050
"nea...@fuse.net"

Neal Sunderman

Jun 22, 2015, 8:48:19 PM6/22/15
to Elisa Nickum, CycleCi...@googlegroups.com, cincinnaticy...@groupspaces.com
Thursday Wanderers, June 25, 9.00 AM

Location: Nisbet Park, Loveland

Ride Rating: Intermediate probably two groups, 13/14 mph and 15/16 mph
av'g, including hills.

Ride Leader: Neal Sundermann 513-543-4050 "nea...@fuse.net"
co-leader TBD

Ride description: Something different this week. We'll ride thru the
eastern neighborhoods of Indian Hill and Hyde Park into Mt Adams for brunch.
Probably go through a couple nice parks on the way.
approx 40 miles on suburban and city streets. This is a no-drop
ride. We'll wait at any turns and tops of hills to re-group. Bring some
$$$ for brunch.
This is an official CCC ride. Helmets and sign-in required.

Right now, the weather looks pretty bad for Thursday, but so did the
earlier days this week, and they were dry.
I'll send out a weather update Wed. evening, and if its really
uncertain, by 7.00 AM on Thursday.

Neal Sunderman

Jun 30, 2015, 4:12:49 PM6/30/15
to Elisa Nickum, cincinnaticy...@groupspaces.com, CycleCi...@googlegroups.com
Thursday Wanderers, July 2, 9.30 AM

Location:
Lunken Airport, parking lot across from main terminal at 262 Wilmer Ave, 45226

Ride Rating: Intermediate. With enough riders, we split into two groups. 13/14 mph, and 15/16 mph
         Faster group may take hillier route.

Ride Leader: Neal Sundermann 513.543.4050 "nea...@fuse.net"

Ride description: This ride will go from Lunken into downtown, cross the Purple People Bridge and then head east to McGlasson's farm for a break with fresh fruit.
Returning, we will cross the river on the Anderson Ferry ($1 charge for bike), and proceed to Findlay Market for lunch. Then east through Eden Park and return to Lunken.
About 40 miles total. The faster group may opt to add three significant hills in N KY on the way to McGlassons. Approx same distance either way. Bring some money for fruit and lunch.

Regardless of which group, this is a no-drop ride. Leader will stop and re-group at all turns and tops of hills.
This is an official CCC ride. Sign in and helmet required. Membership encouraged, but not required.

I will send out a weather update regarding this ride on Wed night around 9 PM and another, if needed, by 7.00 AM Thurs morning.

Neal Sunderman

Jul 7, 2015, 5:19:06 PM7/7/15
to cincinnaticy...@groupspaces.com, CycleCi...@googlegroups.com, Elisa Nickum
 Thursday Wanderers, July 9, 9.30 AM

Location: Indian Hill; Stephan Park on Drake Rd just south of Shawnee Run Rd, 45243

Ride Rating: Intermediate; probably two groups; 13/14 mph and 15/16 mph

Ride Leaders: Neal Sundermann 513.543.4050 "nea...@fuse.net"
            co-leader: Molly Fitzmaurice 513.292.9455

Ride description: a 39 mile suburban/country ride thru Indian Hill, Milford, Summerside, Day Heights.
        Three significant hill climbs. Both speed groups  are "no-drop" rides. Leaders will wait and regroup at turns and top of hills.
    ***Longer version: start at Neal's house at 8.30 AM and add 10 miles (and a couple hills) each way.
        refreshments on the back porch at the finish. 8614 twilight tear ln, 45249
This is an official CCC ride. Helmets and sign in required. Membership encouraged, but not mandatory.

Neal Sunderman

Jul 14, 2015, 5:32:50 PM7/14/15
to CycleCi...@googlegroups.com, cincinnaticy...@groupspaces.com, Elisa Nickum
Thursday Wanderers, July 16, 9.30 AM (please arrive ahead of time. We will DEPART from Krogers at 9.30)

Location: Goshen Krogers, Rt 28 and Dick Flynn Blvd. (about 5 1/2 miles East of i-275 on Rt 28)
        note-road closed with detour on 28--go past the detour sign and turn Left on Main St.-- Krogers is about one mile on the right)

Ride rating: Intermediate, av'g speed about 15 mph, not hilly this week.

Ride Leader: Neal Sundermann 513.543.4050 "nea...@fuse.net"

Ride description: 40 to 45 miles on relatively non-hilly Warren/Clermont country roads.
    Goshen to Blanchester to Fayetteville and back. Lunch in Fayetteville.
This is a "no-drop" ride. Re-group at all turns.
 I'm expecting a lighter than normal turnout because many of our regulars are riding in Michigan this week, so there will be only one speed group.
This is an official CCC ride. Helmets and sign-in required. Membership is encouraged, but not mandatory.

Neal Sunderman

Jul 20, 2015, 7:41:37 PM7/20/15
to cincinnaticy...@groupspaces.com, CycleCi...@googlegroups.com
Thursday Wanderers--July 23--depart @ 8.30 AM PROMPT. Please arrive in advance with enough time to prepare to depart on time.

Location: Lunken Airport; Wilmer Rd parking lot across from the main terminal building. 45226 zip code.

Ride Rating: Intermediate--two speed groups group 1- 14 mph avg (including hills); group 2-15/16 mph t to see if you can keep up, and possibly hillier route.
        If you have not ridden in a group before and do not know your avg speed, advise starting off in another ride first to see if you can keep up.

Ride Leader: Neal Sundermann 513.543.4050  "nea...@fuse.net"
        co-leader (group 1) Molly Fitzmaurice

Ride description: a 36 mile ride thru Eastern suburbs to downtown and across river then thru western side of N KY to McGlassons Farm for some fresh fruit snacks.
    Return across Anderson Ferry ($1.00 charge) thru downtown and Eden Park return to Lunken. Group 2, depending on who shows up, may go up and over 3 steep long hills in N KY.
        We WILL NOT stop at Findlay market for brunch on this trip. Anyone interested may have lunch at the end of the ride at the restaurant at Lunken Airport.

This is a "no-drop" ride, which means we will wait at the top of significant hills and all turns to re-group, but you are expected to be capable of "intermediate" level riding.
    This is not a beginners ride.
This is an official CCC ride, requiring helmet and sign-in.

for gps download from "ridewithgps.com" group 1 will be doing "lunken/mcglasson/36/flat"  Group 2 may be doing "lunken/mcglasson/38"
    at the discretion of the ride leader.

Neal Sunderman

Jul 27, 2015, 3:22:01 PM7/27/15
to cincinnaticy...@groupspaces.com, CycleCi...@googlegroups.com, Elisa Nickum
Thursday Wanderers, July 30, 8.30 AM (please arrive in time to get ready. depart at 8.30 sharp).

Location: South Lebanon at the bike trail. Parking along Zoar Rd. restroom available

Ride Rating: Intermediate.  14 mph average including hills. 1600 feet of elevation gain with several long steep hills.
        Alternate faster group (Advanced Intermediate) will go much farther at approx 16 mph average.

Ride leader: (16 mph group) Neal Sundermann 513.543.4050  "nea...@fuse.net"
        Co-leader (14 mph group)  Molly Fitzmaurice

Ride Description: (14 mph) -- 40 mile ride from South Lebanon on country rolling roads through Oregonia up to Waynesville for brunch.
            Return is a bit hillier than the ride out.  This is a no-drop ride. Leader and group will wait at the top of hills and at all turns to re-group
    (16 mph) -- 100 mile ride through Waynesville and outer Xenia up to Yellow Springs for lunch at the Old Village Tavern.
            Return on the East side of Caesars Creek Lake with a brief stop at mile 80 near Caesars Creek dam before returning to S Lebanon.
               Note-- There is no easy bail-out point past Waynesville.

Official CCC ride--helmets and sign-in required. Membership is encouraged, but not required.

Neal Sunderman

Aug 4, 2015, 5:11:59 PM8/4/15
to cincinnaticy...@groupspaces.com, CycleCi...@googlegroups.com, Elisa Nickum
Thursday Wanderers; Aug 6; 9.00 AM sharp (please arrive in time to set up, go to restroom, etc and be prepared to depart on time).

Location : Goshen Krogers, corner of Flynn Blvd and Main; approx 5 miles east of I-275 on Rt 28
     **NOTE-Rt 28 is CLOSED at this location--travel 28 PAST the detour sign to where the orange sign says "closed in .2 mile" and turn Left on Main. Kroger will be 1/2 mile on the right).

Ride Rating: Intermediate-- group A, led by Molly Fitzmaurice, will average 14 mph
                                                --group B, led by Neal Sundermann, will average 16 mph
                    these are average over the entire ride, speed on level will be several mph faster typically.

Ride Leader: Neal Sundermann 513.543.4050   "nea...@fuse.net"
        please put your group leader's cell number in your phone before the beginning of the ride !!!

Ride description: This will be a 46 mile ride on country roads in Clermont county. No nasty hills on this ride.
This is a "no-drop" ride. Group leaders will wait at all turns for everyone to re-group. (but you ARE expected to keep up).
This is an official CCC ride. Helmet and sign-in required. Membership is encouraged, but not mandatory.

EXTRA CREDIT---depart at 8.10 AM from Nisbet Park in Loveland, and add 8 miles each way and a few hills. Ride total will be 62 miles.
        Neal will lead this portion of the ride. (Please email confirmation to Neal if you are planning to do this portion of the ride.)

Neal Sunderman

Aug 10, 2015, 4:08:57 PM8/10/15
to cincinnaticy...@groupspaces.com, CycleCi...@googlegroups.com, Elisa Nickum
Thursday Wanderers, July 13, 8.30 AM sharp. Please arrive in time to pump tires, use restrroom, etc.

Location: Goshen Krogers. Main St at Dick Flynn Blvd, about 5 miles East of I-275 on Rt 28.
    Note--Detour on 28 immediately in front. Pass the 'detour' sign and when you see the orange sign "closed in .2 miles" turn LEFT on Main St--Krogers on right in 1/2 mile.

Ride Rating: Intermediate. Two groups--A-14 MPH avg speed. Leader- Molly Fitzmaurice
                                                                        B-16 MPH avg speed. Leader- Neal

Ride Leader: Neal Sundermann 513.543.4050  "nea...@fuse.net".

Ride Description: 46 mile ride from Goshen to Fayetteville to Blanchester, and back to Goshen.
    Break (not lunch) in Blanchester. Not too hilly this week.
    This is a 'no-drop- ride. Leaders will wait at all turns for rider to re-group. But riders are expected to keep up with their respective groups.

This is an official CCC ride. Sign-in and helmets required. Membership encouraged, but not required.
"Gosh/fayet/blan/46" is the ride on 'ridewithgps.com' for download.

Ken Kramer

Aug 10, 2015, 4:34:36 PM8/10/15
to cincinnaticy...@groupspaces.com, CycleCi...@googlegroups.com

Last Friday Dick Getoor a former long term Cincinnati Cycle Club member at age 84 ½ completed his 40,000 mile of biking.  This is especially commendable because he did not even start to ride a bike until late in life and has had to battle some very serious health issues.

If you wish, send congrats to: rge...@cinci.rr.com