Ride of Silence - Wednesday May 20th - 6PM

Scott Fratianne

May 19, 2015, 4:42:49 AM5/19/15
to cycleci...@googlegroups.com

Cincinnati Cycle Club

Ride of Silence

In association with Bike Month, the Cincinnati Cycle Club, Queen City Bike and Ohio's Bike Lawyer, Steve Magas invite you to participate in the Ride of Silence.

About the Ride of Silence

The Ride of Silence is a global event in which thousands of cyclists take to the roads in a silent procession to honor cyclists who have been killed or injured while cycling on public roadways. The ride also aims to raise the awareness of motorists, police and city officials that cyclists have a legal right to the public roadways.

Ride Details

Date: Wednesday, May 20th

Time: 6:00PM Rider Registration Opens (Ride will start after all riders have signed in)

Location: Parking lot across the street from the Lunken Airport Terminal, 262 Wilmer Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45226

Ride Details: This ride is suitable for all levels of cyclists. The ride will start from the parking lot across the street from the Lunken Airport Terminal, will proceed approximately 6 miles down Kellogg Avenue and Riverside Drive to Sawyer Point Park. Once in the park we will have a formal ceremony at the P&G Pavillion remembering fellow cyclists that were lost or seriously injured. Afterwards we will return to Lunken Airport.

Important Ride Rules: This ride is a formal ceremony not a regular club ride. All riders will be assigned to a group of approximately 20 riders that are led by a ride leader.  We ask that all cyclists obey the ride leaders, ride no faster than 12 MPH, follow the rules of the road and ride no more than two abreast. All riders are asked to remain silent at all times during the ride.  All riders are also required to wear a helmet. Finally, we ask that all riders wear a black armband. We will attempt to distribute black armbands to as many riders as we can that are unable to bring their own.

We ask that you share this invitation with all of your cycling friends so that we have a high turn out to this important event.