Question Regarding hardware capabilities

Tom Neary

Sep 23, 2014, 8:46:09 AM9/23/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am a new user to the CommandFusion software.  So far I am very happy with the interface, and how powerful it is.  I ran into a slight issue, and I think it is related to my Zone Amp.  I have a B&K ct600.1, that I am controlling via Ethernet.  I have all the commands and feedbacks configured and it works very well, for a while.  The CT600.1 seems to not like connects and disconnects, as well as multiple connections at once. After about a dozen or so connects and disconnects, the controller reboots.  So my question is does the command fusion hardware have the capability to "Proxy" my tcp sessions(simply telnet)from my tablets.  So the CT600.1 sees a single connection that never disconnects from the CommandFusion hardware, and my tablets connect to the CommandFusion hardware, which is fine with multiple sessions as well as connects and disconnects?

Thanks in advance
Tom

Tom Neary

Sep 23, 2014, 9:20:24 AM9/23/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
It looks like I may have found and answer to my question.  TCP Socket multiplexing seems to be what I would need to do in this case.  Question though, would the LAN Bridge keep the server connection established, or only connect when a client connects?

Thanks Again,
Tom

Jarrod Bell

Sep 23, 2014, 7:56:23 PM9/23/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
Correct, the LAN Bridge can multiplex a single TCP socket to up to 24 clients.
The LAN Bridge will maintain the connection always to the TCP Server socket. Then TCP clients can come and go as they please.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Tom Neary

Oct 3, 2014, 11:12:13 AM10/3/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
I ordered a lan bridge and configured a few days ago.  This seemed to fix my reboot and lockup issues on my CT600.1.  Very nice piece of hardware.  I am looking forward to adding more command fusion hardware as my needs grow.

Thanks again,

Tom