LANBridge issues with saving config

Mike Power

May 20, 2014, 7:44:18 AM5/20/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
I have been having issues with the LANBridge such as the following:

  • I make a change to a slot, save, go to the general tab and reset only to find that on reboot the change has not taken affect. I have done this several times in the basic slot configuration, the bridge configuration and the start-up slot command configuration. Eventually it will take, but it is not consistent at all.
  • I have attempted factory reset on the LANBridge using the setup/reset button combination explained in the quick start guide, but I am not getting the result that i would expect. Prior to doing one such reset for example, I backed up my rules and macros to a file expecting them to be erased on factory reset. While the slot configurations and the static IP that I set were erased (and DHCP was back as default), I foudn that the rules and macros were still present (or they reloaded on their own.) Is this normal? I would not think it would be considering a factory reset.
  • I have set up strings (command macros) to send to data to an external piece of equipment. Using the "test command button" available in the right click context menu when hovering over the action in my macro, I find that I need to click the test action twice normally... it does nothing on the first click. Again, this does not seem normal.
  • I have had some assistance from Jarrod via Teamviewer to get my connection working by setting up a TCP Client connection on slot 13 to an address on my network on port 23. In doing so, we have changed the default number of allowable connections for the TCP server that is set up on slot 11 from 15 to 10. Since doing this, I have a red error LED on my CFlink on my LANBridge. there is no such error light on my CFMini however. Also, i have been able to send commands to my external system with this set up and a startup command on slot 13 to open the connection, but after leaving the controller overnight I found that it no longer worked and numerous attempts to rebooot the LANBridge and restablish communications did not work. I had to do the factory default as described above and redo all of my slot configurations. I would note that after the default, the red error on the CFlink on the LANbridge was extinguished; but returned after I had redone my slot setup.
My setup is:

slot 11 default TCP server (0.0.0.0) on port 10207 with 10 connections allowed
slot 12 default TCP server (0.0.0.0) on port 10208 with 10 connections allowed
slot 13 TCP Client (192.168.1.235) on port 23

bridging:
slot 11 set to CFlink FF
slot 12 set to comm
slot 13 set to CFlink 02 (LANBridge CFL ID#)

start up commands:
slot 13: username\x0D\x0Apassword\x0D\x0A#MONITORING,#255,1\x0D\x0A

I am connecting to a radiora2 main repeater.

while i am testing connectivity,  I have a command prompt window open with a telnet session running on the main repeater to see feedback from the system. I can initiate commands to the system from an Android phone that has the Lutron HOME+ app running on it (which also initiates and maintains a telnet session to the repeater.

The main repeater is capable of having up to 10 connections over port 23 simultaneously under different log in credentials.

I have set up my android phone, my command prompt and the connection in the LAN bridge slot start up command to all be on different user accounts.

As stated, it works sometimes, and not sometimes. If there is an error in my setup that anyone can identify, I truly appreciate it. I have also checked for IP address conflicts and assured that both the address that I have selected for the LANBridge (192.168.1.236) and the one for my radiora2 main repeater (192.168.1.235) have been reserved and in my router and excluded by DHCP.

Looking forward to any input.

Regards,

Mike Power

Terence

May 20, 2014, 1:23:13 PM5/20/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
Try to set the bridging settings to:
slot 11 set to CFlink FF
slot 12 set to CFlink FF
slot 13 set to OFF

Mike Power

May 20, 2014, 1:46:21 PM5/20/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
I get the slot 11 settings, and that is how it was default, Not sure I understand the slot 12 setting (default is set to COM), as for the slot 13 settings.... dont I need this to set to CFLink and 02 (address of lan bridge) in order to actually send commands from the rule builder and monitor strings on the ethernet port that my TCP client is connected to?

Jarrod Bell

May 20, 2014, 6:57:10 PM5/20/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
Leave everything as you originally had it (turning OFF slot 13 as Terence suggested will definitely NOT fix your problem).
The only change I see you need to make is setting the CFLink of slot 13 bridge to FF. You do not need to bridge to itself (the slots are configured within the LAN Bridge, so they are not meant to be bridged with the LAN Bridge itself).

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Mike Power

Jarrod Bell

May 20, 2014, 10:05:56 PM5/20/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, my mistake - you should disable any bridging on that slot. No bridging is required at all. For incoming data, all logic must be handled on the LAN Bridge itself.

For outgoing commands, any CFLink device can use the TLANSND command to tell the LAN Bridge to send data to the specific communication slot (13).

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Mike Power

May 20, 2014, 11:57:13 PM5/20/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
Yes thanks to yours and Terrence's advice I now have this successfully and consistently connecting without bridging the slot as advised.

thank you both.

Mike