Feedback on Lan bridge

samtr...@hotmail.com

Feb 9, 2013, 10:04:22 PM2/9/13
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
Hi !

I create on slot 13 a link with Global cache rs232. I can send command to global cache without problem, but I not receive feedback on LAN bridge log for rules search string.

Thanks for your help
Steven
LAN bridge.png

Jarrod Bell

Feb 10, 2013, 1:02:15 AM2/10/13
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
Even though it doesn't show in the log (as its not being transmitted via CFLink) you should still be able to use rules.

Try entering a Rule Search String manually, wrapped with asterisks, eg if you want to trigger when PWRON is received:
*PWRON*

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

samtr...@hotmail.com

Feb 10, 2013, 2:01:23 PM2/10/13
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the advice, it works perfectly. Another thing, I have a system where I have to send a user name and a password. I need to send the command with iViewer to connect to the system. Is it possible to send a command from the LAN bridge? If not maybe one day?

P.S
I love my new LAN bridge and my mini CF.

Thanks
Steven

Jarrod Bell

Feb 10, 2013, 5:21:37 PM2/10/13
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
If the device sends a message asking for a password, maybe a Rule Search String something like "*password*" can be used to trigger a macro which sends the username and password like this:
username\x0D\x0Apassword\x0D\x0A

The \x0D\x0A is a new line and carriage return, simulating pressing the enter key for something like a telnet session.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

samtr...@hotmail.com

Feb 10, 2013, 7:20:20 PM2/10/13
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
Well done. I do not remember, but it actually sends a message. (5053).
I created an event and it works very well.
Thank you again for your help.

Steven

Mike Power

May 20, 2014, 9:01:48 AM5/20/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com, jar...@commandfusion.com
Jarrod,

I wonder if this could be a solution to my fickle connection using an IP based device.... is there anyway to set rules that only respond  to strings that come from specific equipment or bridge slots? If so I do not see how to set it. I see that the macro commands are slot specific, and that you assign rules to macros, but I don't see that the rules are slot specific. What happens if you have different devices offering up feed back and can have identical strings (IE two TVs that are the same model for example) and you want a specific macro to be executed by one on power up but not by the other.... how would you isolate the identical string of feed back between the two identical devices....

On 11/02/13 6:01 AM, samtr...@hotmail.com wrote:
Thank you for the advice, it works perfectly. Another thing, I have a system where I have to send a user name and a password. I need to send the command with iViewer to connect to the system. Is it possible to send a command from the LAN bridge? If not maybe one day?

P.S
I love my new LAN bridge and my mini CF.

Thanks
Steven

Le samedi 9 février 2013 22:04:22 UTC-5, samtr...@hotmail.com a écrit :
Hi !

I create on slot 13 a link with Global cache rs232. I can send command to global cache without problem, but I not receive feedback on LAN bridge log for rules search string.

Thanks for your help
Steven

Jarrod Bell

May 20, 2014, 7:08:10 PM5/20/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
Rules are processed on all data, so there is no way to know what slot it came from (as received LAN data is not processed in any way to prefix with slot data - but maybe this is something we can add in future).

So if you have more than one device sending the exact same data via different sockets, then you would need two LAN Bridges to uniquely process their feedback. Either that, or use a mediatory server like a rPi to process the data into uniquely prefixed data, and then send it through to the LAN bridge.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com