cf mini relay for to control projection screen anf curtain

hin yu

Nov 23, 2015, 12:08:54 PM11/23/15
to CommandFusion Hardware
Hi,

I am trying to use the cf mini relay port to control:
1)projection screen and
2)motorized curtain

Because all io and IR ports are occupied, so I plan to use the relay for controlling them.
However I couldnt find any sample diagram to show the reference connection, I really need some help so I can have some idea to use the relay to connent to the device motor/transformer/etc...? Much appreciated , thanks

Hin

Jarrod Bell

Nov 24, 2015, 6:46:59 PM11/24/15
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
The relay ports are the correct ports to use for this. But just so you know, you can stack multiple IR emitters on a single port. Devices will only react to IR commands they understand in most cases.

The wiring diagram is in the quick start manual included in the box. You can also find it in our wiki here:
http://www.commandfusion.com/wiki2/hardware/cf-mini#relay

It's basically just two pins that will get shorted to close the circuit when the relay is closed.

Most likely you will need to feed the relay with +12V (or whatever voltage your screen/curtains need to trigger, as long as its within 0-30VDC range which is the max load for the on-board relays).
In this case you use your own power supply, feed the +V to the relay common pin, then feed the relay load pin back to the +V pin on your screen trigger input. Wire the -V from the power supply direct to the -V on the screen trigger.

Maybe they only need a contact closure, in which case you can just wire directly to the relay ports - in this case closing the relay is enough to trigger.

In any case, consult your screen and curtain manual for details on how to wire it.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

hin yu

Nov 25, 2015, 5:18:10 AM11/25/15
to CommandFusion Hardware
thanks for the reply Jarrod...

"you can stack multiple IR emitters on a single port. Devices will only react to IR commands they understand in most cases."

Do you mean in stead of a low voltage signal, I can apply IR emitters to plug into the relay port and send out IR control signals ?

Thanks a lot~~
hin

Jarrod Bell

Nov 25, 2015, 5:28:12 AM11/25/15
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
No. I meant that you can stack multiple IR emitters to a single IR port, allowing you to control more than one device from a single IR port.
Nothing to do with relays.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

hin yu

Nov 25, 2015, 11:31:17 AM11/25/15
to CommandFusion Hardware
Oh sounds good, just in case I got it wrong, so for example:

If I have 3 devices(projector, projection screen, motorized curtain) , I send their IR control code from 1x output of cf mini, splitting into 3x IR emitters / an IR 1 to 3 distributor, then stick those ir emitters on those 3 devices(as they usually don't apply the same ir code, so when I send the projector code, it won't affect to the screen and curtain ....and so on)

Is that what you mean?

Thanks,

Hin

Jarrod Bell

Nov 25, 2015, 5:13:13 PM11/25/15
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
Yes thats correct. Just plug all emitters into a single port directly, and the devices will ignore any command that they do not understand.
That means in reality you can control up to 24 IR devices from a single CF Mini - we recommend a max of 3 emitters per port.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com