CF Lan Bridge/Hardware question

Darren Vollmer

Sep 30, 2014, 8:06:00 PM9/30/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to send data to another non CF device on the network?

(ie, send a command via TCP to a moxa nport)

Is it possible for the Lan Bridge to receive/react broadcasts from the moxa and react to them?

Darren Vollmer

Sep 30, 2014, 8:08:32 PM9/30/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
I'm guessing its the slots tab?

Jarrod Bell

Sep 30, 2014, 8:09:24 PM9/30/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you can use the Communication Slots to connect to other networked devices:
http://www.commandfusion.com/wiki2/hardware/lan-bridge/lan-bridge-configuration/slots-tab

Then you can use Rules to react to the data via string matching:
http://www.commandfusion.com/wiki2/hardware/rules

Wrap your search string with asterisks to ensure it will trigger. Eg. if you are receiving the string "test" from a serial port on a moxa device, then you would use search string *test*

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Darren Vollmer

Darren Vollmer

Sep 30, 2014, 10:27:10 PM9/30/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
I've setup a slot pointing at a netcat listening session.
Slot 13 TCP Client 192.168.1.9 port 5160

I've setup a Macro "test".  Using the Action Builder, Action Type Ethernet, Target Device LANBridge, Slot 13
Data is just a bunch of random letters.

Now when I test the function, should I see those letters pop up in my netcat session? (I can telnet into the netcat session so I know it's working)

Jarrod Bell

Sep 30, 2014, 10:36:00 PM9/30/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
What is the actual action value that was generated and added to your macro?

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Darren Vollmer

Sep 30, 2014, 11:10:47 PM9/30/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
\xF2\x03\xF3TLANSND\xF413:aasdfdasfasfasfasdfasfasdf\xF5\xF5

Jarrod Bell

Sep 30, 2014, 11:23:25 PM9/30/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
That looks fine - the random characters in that command will be sent to the TCP Server.
If not, make sure your LAN Bridge slots have been saved and your LAN Bridge has been reset to activate the changes.
Also check the log to make sure your slots are actually being saved - make sure you are not going over the 25 max connections that can be allocated to slots.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

On 1/10/2014 1:10 pm, Darren Vollmer wrote:
\xF2\x03\xF3TLANSND\xF413:aasdfdasfasfasfasdfasfasdf\xF5\xF5

Darren Vollmer

Oct 1, 2014, 12:34:17 AM10/1/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com

Thats what it was, default had 15/10 connections tied up on the 11/12 slots

Darren Vollmer

Oct 1, 2014, 12:55:40 AM10/1/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
The difficulty now lies in sending out to a bunch of ports when the limit is 10 (using TCP Client).

Using a Moxa 5650 32 port TCP->RS232 server.

Basically I would like to set a scheduled event in the LanBridge to turn all the televisions on at 10:50am and turn them off at 2:00am.  Also want to send a muteall command to the HLX at 2:00am and unmute at 10:50am

There's going to be 22 televisions connected to the Moxa.  The Moxa is using a TCP server/socket to listen for commands being sent to the respective televisions and to relay the responses.  It looks like my only solution would be to use a UDP Broadcast in the LanBridge and set the Moxa to UDP server/socket.

Jarrod Bell

Oct 1, 2014, 1:36:05 AM10/1/14
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
Very easy to do if you use CF serial ports (ie. MOD4 with MOD-COM4 modules).
Otherwise, you will need to use multiple LAN Bridges to handle more connections - or use some PC to handle the connections, and just use LAN Bridge to issue one command to the PC.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com