Multiple lan bridges or else

Mark Olsen

Dec 19, 2013, 4:04:23 PM12/19/13
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
I'm new to the hardware side of CF but looked through this group and found most of my answer.

I have four Samsung displays spread across an existing building that I need to control via RS-232.  I had planned to use Global Cache iTach devices but they wanted scheduling capabilities so I thought about using LAN bridges.  I have network at each location but pulling wires might be a challenge.

Can I use a LAN bridge at each display and control all four from iViewer?
There is also talk of local button control (all I need is on/off, volume and input) so I was thinking of tying a SW16 to each of the LAN bridges.  Is this workable or should I be going in a different direction.

Jarrod Bell

Dec 19, 2013, 5:21:35 PM12/19/13
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
iViewer will be able to communicate with as many LAN Bridges as you can throw at it. Just make sure to use static IP addresses and specific systems in your guiDesigner project for each LAN Bridge (rather than a UDP broadcast which would be picked up by all LAN Bridges at once).

You could indeed hook up an SW16 to each LAN Bridge for local button control.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Mark Olsen

Dec 20, 2013, 3:03:52 PM12/20/13
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com, jar...@commandfusion.com
Are there some examples of scheduling with the LAN Bridge available?  Is it all custom JS or is there a UI available?  The end user will want to change on/off times during the year in this scenerio.  I want to make sure that is possible before I specify it.

Aaron Green

Dec 20, 2013, 7:52:54 PM12/20/13
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
I'm not at my pc at the moment so can't link it, but find the system commander quick start guide in our wiki... It gives a quick overview of scheduling.
Aaron Green

Jarrod Bell

Dec 21, 2013, 8:17:00 PM12/21/13
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
Scheduling is all configured in System Commander. There is no JavaScript on any of our hardware.
Any changes to LAN Bridge scheduling must be completed in our System Commander software.

http://www.commandfusion.com/wiki2/software/system-commander/scheduling?s[]=schedule
http://www.commandfusion.com/wiki2/software/system-commander/quick-start-guide/quick-start-page-4?s[]=schedule

Regards,

Jarrod Bell