A world without Census Data? FW: A Future Without Key Social and Economic Statistics for the Country

Ariann Nassel

May 14, 2012, 11:03:26 AM5/14/12
to CHUG
 Important information below regarding the Census American Communiy Survey. (It is in danger of not recieving continued funding.)

Ariann F. Nassel

Research Associate

University of Colorado Denver

Department of Emergency Medicine

Leprino Office Building

12401 E. 17th Avenue, B215

Aurora, CO 80045

(720) 848-7148 (work)

(303)333-8221 (Cell)

ariann...@ucdenver.edu

Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 2:25 PM
To: Nassel, Ariann
Subject: A Future Without Key Social and Economic Statistics for the Country

Earlier this week the House of Representatives passed a bill that contains the Census Bureau’s budget.  We are receiving many questions from the press and stakeholders all across the country. In an effort to be responsive to these questions, we’re providing a blog by Census Director Robert Groves, and two news articles (from Business Week and the Washington Times) which provide balanced coverage of the congressional action.

Businessweek - http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-05-10/killing-the-american-community-survey-blinds-business

Washington Times - http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/may/10/house-bill-reins-in-census-bureau-justice/

See Director's blog and videos here: http://directorsblog.blogs.census.gov/2012/05/11/a-future-without-key-social-and-economic-statistics-for-the-country/

US Census Bureau

Questions? Contact Us

STAY CONNECTED:

Visit us on Facebook

Visit us on Twitter

Visit us on YouTube

Sign up for email updates

Visit us on GovLoop

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES:
Manage Preferences  |  Unsubscribe  |  Help

This email was sent to ariann...@ucdenver.edu by U.S. Census Bureau · 4600 Silver Hill Road · Washington, DC 20233