Fwd: Straw bale course at community farm

CSA Network UK

May 14, 2016, 12:23:44 PM5/14/16
to CSAnet...@googlegroups.com, wales-community-suppor...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 6:59 PM, Jade Bashford <jadeba...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Everyone, Stroud CSA is running a really good straw bale building course. Come and see the CSA, have a little holiday in lovely surroundings and learn how to build at the same time.

If you need low cost accommodation for the week, we can ask around our members. (No promises, but they are a nice lot).

Jade

If anyone is interested and want to find out more, click the "Register Online" button below.
-- Bruno

View this email in your browser

Hands-on Straw-bale Building Course
31 May - 4 June

This course is for anyone interested in building with straw bales - a cheap, natural, healthy and low impact way of building. This is a practical building course and involves lots of hands-on experience. It will be run by an experienced tutor over the course of 5 days and cost just £200.

On the course you will learn:
  • Wall building with straw bales
  • How to work with straw bales, including shaping, cutting & tying
  • Lime rendering
  • Reciprocal roof construction
  • installing windows and doors

Saturday  4th June will be open to all members to help render the walls.

Can't make the course?
You can still help by sponsoring a straw bale ‘for a fiver’!

Register Online

--
Maresa Bossano | CSA Network UK Co-ordinator

Richard Higgins

May 15, 2016, 5:01:54 PM5/15/16
to CSAnet...@googlegroups.com, wales-community-suppor...@googlegroups.com
Well End Micro-Farm CSA  are running an HH-2 composting course on the 23rd May at Well End Hertofrdshire. Please see www.suaglon.co.uk for details.
We can  deliver fertile soil on any soil type without any soil analysis so you can grow huge veg!
Note: there is discount for CSA members.

Richard Higgins
Well End Micro-farm CSA.
or call  07983439171

For more information and resources on CSA visit www.csainfo.org.uk

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CSA Network UK" group.