Visitor from Vermont CSA - Skype call 11 Feb

Tony Little

Feb 5, 2016, 5:49:56 AM2/5/16
to CSA Network UK
Hello Everyone

Mara Hearst, from Vermont, New England, is staying/ working with me for a week or so. Back home she works on Someday Farm www.somedayfarmvt.comwhich is among the first of the CSA's set up in the USA in the Eighties and continues to thrive to this day. She brings with her a huge amount of experience and enthusiasm which she's more than happy to share - and vice versa.

I'm organising a Skype conference on Thursday 11 Feb 7:00pm - 9:00pm. If you'd like to talk with her, contact me on to...@sustainablefarming.co.uk and let me know if there are specific issues's you'd like to talk about.

Hope to speak to you then

Tony Little

Richard Higgins

Feb 6, 2016, 9:21:27 AM2/6/16
to CSAnet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tony

Yes that would be great I have questions for her. 1. people seem to join our CSA in April or May when it is warmer. We wouldn't have any veg if started growing it then?
How does one have enough veg if people only come along when it is warm?

I don't have skype connection that is any good. Is it possible to speak to her any other time?

Regards

Richard Higgins
Well End Micro-Farm CSA.
07983 439 171

Feb 9, 2016, 3:27:48 AM2/9/16
to CSA Network UK
Hello Folks

Thanks to those who got in touch about this. At the moment though, we have no takers for the Skype call. If you'd like to participate can you let me know (to...@sustainablefarming.co.uk) by tomorrow morning (Weds 10 Feb) and let me have your 'Skype name'

Best wishes

Tony

Rob Simpson

Feb 9, 2016, 1:04:23 PM2/9/16
to CSA Network UK
Tony, I'm not doing anything on Thursday evening and I've looked at the Someday Farm website. I've quite a few questions I'd like to ask about the way they run their CSA marketing side of the ops, rather than the field side.

So count me in!

Rob.

Tony Little

Feb 10, 2016, 5:53:35 AM2/10/16