Fwd: Trainee grower opportunity

1 view

CSA Network UK

Jan 17, 2018, 10:37:30 AM1/17/18
to CSAnet...@googlegroups.com
Trainee grower opportunity at School Farm CSA, Dartington, South Devon.

We are looking for someone to join our small team of dedicated growers, as a trainee grower, from April to October 2018. This is a brilliant learning opportunity for someone who wants to go on to run a market garden or work in community gardening. We are a three acre CSA farm, who provides veg shares from June to December, sells wholesale produce to local businesses year round, and teaches accredited horticulture courses in liaison with Bicton College.

You will be involved in all aspects of running the market garden, including propagation, cultivation, fertility management and crop care . There will also be opportunities to get involved in other aspects of the farm including marketing, events and working with volunteers, depending on your interests.

In exchange for 4 days a week we can offer £75 stipend and fresh vegetables. Caravan accommodation is available if desired.

To apply, please send us an email explaining why you are interested in joining us for the year and your current growing and other work experience. Deadline for applications is the 28th February. Informal interviews/ work day at the farm will be held in the second week of March. For any questions and to apply please email in...@schoolfarmcsa.org.uk.

--
Maresa Bossano | CSA Network UK Co-ordinator