Student offering to set up CSAs on the Open Food Network

Nick Weir

Jan 15, 2018, 9:17:52 AM1/15/18
to CSAnet...@googlegroups.com

Later this year the Open Food Network (OFN) will enable repeat order and subscriptions.  We think this will make OFN useful for CSAs wanting an online ‘shopfront’ to manage CSA shares with the option for CSA members to supplement their shares with additional items.

OFN has been approached by a Belgian student, Theodore who wants to work with a UK CSA for a couple of weeks (or possibly longer) starting on 12th February.  He wants to set up the CSA with an OFN shopfront and work with the CSA team to make OFN as useful as possible in terms of immediate use (selling produce on an ad hoc basis – maybe to supplement an off-line CSA share system)and future use (when CSAs will be able to use OFN to manage their shares as well as ad hoc sales).

Theodore is not charging for his time and will have online and phone support from the OFN team.  However he will need accommodation during his stay.

Please let me know if you are interested in hosting him.

Thanks

Nick

Nick Weir

Open Food Network UK

01453 840037

www.openfoodnetwork.org.uk

Supporting producers and communities to organise for Food Sovereignty

OFN UK logo

Sign up here for monthly updates on the Open Food Network

image003.png