GROWING LIVELIHOODS PILOT SCHEME

Rupertucha

Jun 19, 2014, 1:14:13 PM6/19/14
to CSAnet...@googlegroups.com

Carnegie are looking to work with between 3 and 5 innovative smaller-scale food growing enterprises from across the UK and Ireland who are committed to share their learning as they test new approaches.  The programme will run from Aug 2014 to Aug 2015.

Examples of what we are looking for

We are looking for applications from enterprises who are working with those who are new to commercial growing, whether this is young people, career changers or people with existing skills that would like to try a different approach.

We would encourage applications from growers or groups of growers looking to co-operate in some way.  This could be to help with input costs (for example group buying, sharing machinery and services), maximising the price of their products (for example through group marketing, shared processing) or working together to create new routes to market.

The support package

  • A £6k grant which can be used to support the development of the enterprise idea or collaboration with other growers (for example, a shared brand, a growers website etc)
  • A package of support that can help with business planning, market planning, financial planning and horticultural mentoring.
  • The opportunity to network with other growers looking to work in different ways to create viable livelihoods for new entrants- we will be providing events to get people together and offer study visits.

Laurence Snook

Jul 16, 2014, 3:48:58 AM7/16/14
to CSAnet...@googlegroups.com
Do we know who was successful with this pilot and how it may progress towards the roll-out of a wider scheme? I am not too concerned about the funding it offers but more the networking potential.

Laurence