Fwd: RV: Exciting update about our crowdfunder - and a few simple ways you can help

Rosalind Bacon

Nov 20, 2017, 11:02:12 AM11/20/17
to CSAnet...@googlegroups.com, csanet...@gmail.com
Hi Maresa,

I'm hoping you're able to share the information below through the CSA network re our Crowdfunding campaign to set up a new growing site for Norwich FarmShare CSA.

We're looking forward to starting growing again on this city-centre site which will have an educational and community engagement focus.

Best wishes,
Rosalind

View this email in your browser
Dear ,

We're writing to share some good news and ask for your support with our crowdfunder at this crucial time in our development. If everyone does their bit - whether it’s committing money, or time and skills, or simply solidarity -  it all adds up to help take forward our vision for a fair and sustainable food system for Norwich. So... please do what you can - but don’t feel under pressure to do more than you can!

First - the good news. We've been approved for a match funding award from the Santander Changemaker fund. This is a huge boost to the campaign - it means when we hit 50% of our target (£12,500), they will match fund the rest to get us over the finishing line. Thank you Santander!

We're now just below the £4,000 mark, with over three weeks to go, and we're anticipating one or two large pledges in the coming weeks. This means, if we can keep the momentum going, our target is completely achievable.

Here are four simple steps you can take to help spread the word about our campaign. If you can do just one - great! If you can do all of them - even better!

(1). If you haven't already - and if you’re in a position to do so - please make a pledge! Every bit helps.

(2). Please tell your friends and colleagues about the campaign, and post the link bit.ly/fund-our-farm on your social media network. Tell them in your own words what you value about FarmShare, and how their pledge could help us. You might want to add the tag #fundourfarm - and do copy us in (see social media handles below). You can download images to add to your post if you wish to here: bit.ly/fundourfarm-images.

(3). Please signup to our online Thunderclap campaign: http://thndr.me/xdPBfM. This is a new tool that allows people to pledge a social media post that will be sent along with all other supporters' messages at the same time - a bit like an online flash mob. It's completely secure and will only post a single, one-time message to your network. This will go out on (or around) Monday 27 November. It takes less than a minute to join and will mean we can keep the momentum going at a crucial stage two weeks before the crowdfunder ends.

(4). Please email or message three friends who share your values with the campaign link (bit.ly/fund-our-farm) with a personal note to invite them to make a pledge.

(5) Finally, if you would like to grab a few flyers or a poster to distribute - you can pick these up from the Missing Kind in Castle Meadow - anytime between 9am and 5pm Tuesday to Saturday.

Thanks for your support, we couldn't do it without you :)

In veggie solidarity, and with thanks,

Liz, Claire, Esme and the crowdfunder team

07951 928877

@NorwichFarmshare (Facebook)
@norwich_farmshare (Instagram)
@Farm_Share (Twitter)
Like our Facebook page
Follow us on Twitter
Join our Facebook group
Copyright © 2017 Norwich FarmShare, All rights reserved.
You're receiving this email because you are a FarmShare member or because you opted to receive regular updates from us.

Our mailing address is:
Norwich FarmShare
Norwich, UK NR3 1DE
United Kingdom

Add us to your address book

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

--
Rosalind Bacon

T: 07432 513 424

Help us fund our farm!

- Cast your vote for us for an Aviva Community Fund award at www.bit.ly/farmshare-aviva

Please note, my hours have dropped to just 8 per week and this email is only checked on Thursday morning, so I may take a little while to get back to you.

Winner of the 'Eco Community' and 'Eco Hero' awards 2014-5 - Norwich City Council

CSA Network UK

Nov 20, 2017, 11:10:11 AM11/20/17
to CSAnet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rosaline

Thanks for the message

I have already shared a lot of your posts on Facebook and Twitter and have posted on our website in the crowdfunding section https://communitysupportedagriculture.org.uk/news-events/crowdfunding-appeals/

Best wishes

Maresa

Rosalind Bacon

Help us fund our farm!

- Cast your vote for us for an Aviva Community Fund award at www.bit.ly/farmshare-aviva

Please note, my hours have dropped to just 8 per week and this email is only checked on Thursday morning, so I may take a little while to get back to you.

Winner of the 'Eco Community' and 'Eco Hero' awards 2014-5 - Norwich City Council

For more information and resources on CSA visit www.csainfo.org.uk

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CSA Network UK" group.

Maresa Bossano | CSA Network UK Co-ordinator