Fwd: North East Organic Growers Alliance get together

CSA Network UK

Sep 26, 2017, 6:27:51 AM9/26/17
to CSAnet...@googlegroups.com
North East Organic Growers Alliance visit for anyone interested

We are organising an action-packed day out especially for OGA members and fellow travellers on Saturday 14 October. We’ll be visiting:
  • North East Organic Growers, a worker's co-operative near Newcastle upon Tyne, that has been running a box scheme on 12 ac since 1995. - West Sleekburn Farm, Bomarsund, Bedlington NE22 7AD
  • Nafferton Farm, where we’ll be joined by the Border’s Organic Growers and where Carlo Leifert will bring us up to date with the organic programme at the Nafferton Ecological Farming Group- Nafferton Farm, Stocksfield, Stocksfield NE43 7XD
  • Gibside Community Farm, where Mick Marston will lead us on a farm walk after which we’ll enjoy dinner and a few drinks in the Café on the estate. - Gibside Community Farm.near Rowlands Gill, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, NE16 6BG
Bring something to bring and share for Lunch. For those of you wishing to stay over there are various options near Gibside including camping, B&B’s and hotels.
For more information and booking contact Tony Little on to...@sustainablefarming.co.uk 07969 541133
Programme
9:30
Tea & Coffee

10:25
Welcome
Tony Little, OGA
10:30
Introduction to North East Organic

11:00
Farm Walk

12:30
Leave for Nafferton

1:00
Bring and share lunch

1:30
Introduction to Nafferton and key research recent work/findings
Carlo Leifert, NEFG
2:00
Tour of Field Trials
  • Experimental design and history of long-term field trials
  • Current crops and experiments

16:00
Organic Nutritional study (Presentation) & discussion of future research priorities
Carlo Leifert
17:00
Leave for Gibside Community Farm

17:30
Farm Walk
Mick Maston
18:30
Pitch tents / check into accommodation

19:00
Dinner at Gibside estate cafe

21:00
Close/ drinks in local pub

Mick Marston

Mobile : 07764221425

--
Maresa Bossano | CSA Network UK Co-ordinator