Re: [CSANetworkUK] Digest for CSAnetworkUK@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 2 topics

Annamarie Stone

Dec 6, 2017, 5:08:47 PM12/6/17
to CSAnet...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Wooshouse Farm and Garden CIC are happy to have a pdf of the new A-Z of Setting up a CSA

Best wishes

Annamarie

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 4:49 PM, <CSAnet...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
tom okane <tomos...@gmail.com>: Dec 06 08:18AM

Hello, would it be possible to advertise this through your networks /
websites please?

*Trainee Opportunity with Cae Tan CSA for the 2018 Season*
We are looking for a hard working person to join our team from April 1st
2018 until the end of October. You will be taking part in all aspects of
sowing, growing, crop care & harvesting for our 110 member households.
There is also the opportunity to engage in work with local schools, take
part in member socials, fundraisers & work alongside a range of volunteers.
We will provide living accommodation & costs. Based on the beautiful Gower
Peninsula. For more info email t...@caetancsa.org See our short film on
www.caetancsa.org
Closing date 19/01/18.

Tom O'Kane *Cae Tân* csa / 07791696848 / www.caetancsa.org
CSA Network UK <csanet...@gmail.com>: Dec 05 08:05PM

We're very pleased that our new A-Z guide to setting up a CSA is now back
from the printers.

The *A-Z to setting up a CSA* aims to cover most of the main issues you
need to think about when setting up and running a CSA. It has been produced
as an updated and expanded version of *A Share in the Harvest - an Action
Manual for Community Supported Agriculture* produced by the Soil
Association. A second edition was published in 2012 as part of the Making
Local Food Work project funded by the Big Lottery. A great many more CSAs
have set up in the UK since 2012 and much has changed. So this guide aims
to provide fresh information in new areas such as promoting your CSA via
social media. Some of the other issues covered by the guide include: access
to land, business plans, communications, events and educational activities,
growing, keeping animals, insurance, legal structures, tools and
volunteers.

We'll be sending this out for free to all our CSA Network UK farm members.

If you're not a member you can buy a copy for £15 including P&P or sign up
as a member now via our website
https://communitysupportedagriculture.org.uk/support_us/. Membership is
just £25 a year for starter farms.

This guide has been produced thanks to funding from the Big Lottery Fund
<https://www.facebook.com/BigLotteryFund/?fref=gs&hc_location=group_dialog>
Awards
for All, the Naturesave
<https://www.facebook.com/NaturesaveInsurance/?fref=gs&hc_location=group_dialog>
Trust
and Esmée Fairbairn Foundation
<https://www.facebook.com/Esm%C3%A9e-Fairbairn-Foundation-111122375638781/?fref=gs&hc_location=group_dialog>
.

Also thanks to everyone who help create the guide including Charlotte Barry
from Camel CSA, Joanne Mudhar from The Oak Tree Low Carbon Farm, Gareth
Davies from Canalside CSA, Tony Little, Rich Gorman, Alison Belshaw and
Rosie Blackburn and thanks to Walter Lewis for use of his photos which
feature some of your CSA farms across the country.

NB if you're a member farm and don't need a printed copy - and would be
happy with just the PDF version - please let us know so we can save on
postage.

Thanks
Maresa

--
*Maresa Bossano | CSA Network UK Co-ordinator *

*www.communitysupportedagriculture.org.uk
<http://www.communitysupportedagriculture.org.uk>*
You have received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.