Urgent: SD card for Seminary teachers Doesn't work!!! manual for the DnC

Sandy England

Oct 16, 2014, 9:49:40 AM10/16/14
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Norm,
I'm so sorry but the SD card doesn't work for me. I tried it on both
Victors.
It acts like it is trying to connect to a wireless something. Would you
like me to send this card back and see if we can find out what the issues
are? WE do Seminary on Sunday's for the kids have to travel to school that
mornings are out! WE have had so many Sunday's where we couldn't have it
that I just now tried to listen to it to get ready for Sunday with no luck!
Please tell me what you would like us to do with this SD card.
I thank you so much for helping us while we are on our Mission. It sure has
met a lot to us and to me.

Sister Sandy England
Cell Phone: 801-634-8002

Oct 16, 2014, 12:27:24 PM10/16/14
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Sister England,

Sorry you are having trouble with the SD card.

If you are using the new VR Stream, perhaps you should press the
button in the middle of the very top row so it will not try to make a
wireless connection.

Of course if you are using the older original VR Stream, that will
not be an issue.

Please remember that the files I sent to you are not in the form of a
DAISY book. They are just mp3 audio files.

Therefore there are no files at all in the $VRDTB folder. They are in
the $VROtherBooks folder.

To find these files you can press the 1 key at least twice or more
until you come to the "Other Books" folder.

That is where you should find the 66 files containing the audio files.

If you are still having trouble, you can return that SD card and I
will try it again!

Best of luck,
Norm Gardner

Norm Gardner

Oct 16, 2014, 1:57:25 PM10/16/14
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Sister England,

I have prepared another SD card for you.

I have tested it thoroughly in both the new and original Victor
Reader Streams and it seems to work fine in both.

But I recommend you use this card in the original Victor Reader
Stream. The reason is that these files have very long file names with
a dash between each of the words in the file name.

If you use this card in the new VR Stream, when it reads the file
name, it pronounces every dash between every word, making it quite
difficult to understand which chapter is contained in that file.

The old original VR Stream does not pronounce that dash character, so
the filenames are much easier to understand.

Best of luck,
Norm Gardner

Sandy England

Oct 16, 2014, 2:05:56 PM10/16/14
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Norm,
Thank you so much! Thank you for explaining this to me.

Sandy England
Home Phone in California: 530-824-4134
Home Phone in Utah: 801-282-1905
>blindlds+group at

Sandy England

Oct 21, 2014, 11:32:48 AM10/21/14
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Norm,
Thank you very much for the SD card! This one works and if I get time I'll
send the other one so you can look at it. This will help me a lot with
Seminary!

Sister Sandy England
Cell Phone: 801-634-8002