Lamb of God Music

Rachel Grider

Jan 28, 2016, 5:44:29 PM1/28/16
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Friends:

I was recently asked to sing the part of Mary Magdalene for our Temple Hill production of Rob Gardner's oratorio Lamb of God. As this is a popular LDS work, I am wondering if anyone has, or knows where to find, Braille sheet music for the piece (or even just for my particular role). I can pay to get it into Braille, or I could probably just learn the music by listening to the recording, but I wanted to check if someone in the Church has already had it brailled...

Thank you for any help you can give me!

Rachel

http//www.rachelgrider.com

Kyle Woodruff

Jan 28, 2016, 7:06:21 PM1/28/16
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations!! I was Privileged to sing with Jason and ended up brailling my part myself. If you really need it I can attempt to braille it for you and get you a digital copy. Do you have a braille display, and how many cells?

Sent from my iPhone
> --
> -- Visit the LDS.org Disability website at http://www.lds.org/disability
>
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Blind Latter-day Saints group. To post to this group, send email to blin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to blindlds+u...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/blindlds?hl=en
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Blind Latter-day Saints" group.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/BlindLDS.

Rachel Grider

Jan 28, 2016, 8:17:57 PM1/28/16
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
That would be so great! I do have a braille note which I can use as a brill display, and it is 32 cells. Are you a transcriber of braille music?

http//www.rachelgrider.com

Kyle Woodruff

Jan 28, 2016, 9:37:50 PM1/28/16
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
I am a music teacher. I teach K8. I am definitely not a certified Braille of music, but it would be simply something you could use. Do you still want me to attempt it?

Sent from my iPhone

Greg Kearney

Jan 28, 2016, 9:45:38 PM1/28/16
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
I have been working on a system that can generate Braille music from MusicML files if that would be a help.

Sent from my iPhone

Greg Kearney

Kyle Woodruff

Jan 28, 2016, 10:54:52 PM1/28/16
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
That assumes there's an XML file that exists for lamb of God. G and also assumes we can get a hold of it. ood luck!

Sent from my iPhone

Rachel Grider

Jan 28, 2016, 11:21:11 PM1/28/16
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
If you could, Kyle, that would be great! :)

I am interested, Gregory, in the program you are working on. Can you explain it more in-depth?

http//www.rachelgrider.com

Gregory Kearney

Jan 29, 2016, 10:20:06 AM1/29/16
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
The system generates Braille music BRF files from MusicML files, I can also generate MusicML from PDF files of the music but of course this is much more problematic.

Commonwealth Braille & Talking Book Cooperative
Greg Kearney, General Manager
#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA
Email: in...@cbtbc.org
Web: www.cbtbc.org

U.S. Address
21908 Almaden Av.
Cupertino, CA 95014
UNITED STATES
Email: gkea...@gmail.com
Phone: +1 408-780-6535

Rachel Grider

Jan 29, 2016, 12:42:06 PM1/29/16
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
This might be a stupid question, but what are musicML files?

http//www.rachelgrider.com

Gregory Kearney

Jan 29, 2016, 1:03:26 PM1/29/16
to Blin...@googlegroups.com, Rachel Grider
MusicML, or as it is sometimes called MusicXML, is a standard XML file format for representing music notation.

Enclosed is an example of O Canada in MusicXML format.

O_Canada.mxl
O_Canada.brf