Who to talk to you about disability concerns.

Melody Smith

Jan 13, 2016, 3:59:30 PM1/13/16
to Blin...@googlegroups.com

 Hi everyone I just found out that the new person in charge of disability services is Doug Richins.
 His extension is 23427

Sherri

Jan 13, 2016, 8:34:54 PM1/13/16
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Oh this is good to know. Does anyone know this person?

Sherri
--
-- Visit the LDS.org Disability website at http://www.lds.org/disability

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Blind Latter-day Saints group. To post to this group, send email to blin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to blindlds+u...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/blindlds?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Blind Latter-day Saints" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/BlindLDS.

Karl Smith

Jan 14, 2016, 9:27:28 AM1/14/16
to Blin...@googlegroups.com

If this is who I think it is he used to be head of purchasing for the state of Utah. I knew he retired from that position much to the detriment of all of us who still have to deal with that department, but I didn’t know he worked for the church. I think I’ll call and see if he is the person I’m thinking of. If so he is a reasonable good guy.

Karl

Sherri

Jan 14, 2016, 11:08:34 AM1/14/16
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
This is good to know. Thanks Karl.

Christopher Phillips

Jan 14, 2016, 12:14:49 PM1/14/16
to Blind Latter-day Saints
I think you must be thinking of a different Doug Richens Karl. This Doug came from Seminaries and Institutes and is incredible to work with. He is already doing some great work and will be a tremendous advocate at the Church Office Building.

He now has some additional people on his staff I would recommend calling the general Disability Services number at 1-801-240-2477 to catch someone.

A brief not though from someone who has worked at the Church Office Building for awhile. When you have issues or concerns, I would generally recommend calling the general Church number (1-800-453-3860) and asking to talk to the department that your concern is with.

For example:
  • If you have a concern about missionary service you can call and ask to talk to the Missionary Department,
  • If you have a concern about a Relief Society manual in braille you could ask to talk to the Relief Society Department.
  • If you have a concern about LDS.org call and ask to talk to someone over LDS.org.
 Those phone calls are incredibly helpful to increase awareness and help other departments to know that this work is important. Lastly, I would encourage any of you who have concerns to bring them up! Both with your local leaders and the relevant departments at the Church when and where appropriate. The more awareness that can happen the more likely that building will be to understand the importance of remembering accessibility!

Karl Smith

Jan 15, 2016, 11:42:07 AM1/15/16
to Blin...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Chris. I guess this is just a good name to have. I’m glad this Doug is a good guy as well.