Asking for help please

Sandy England

Apr 26, 2016, 5:35:43 PM4/26/16
to Blin...@googlegroups.com

Dear fellow blind and visually impaired friends!

This is Sandy England in West Jordan Utah.  I have been excepted to have an implant in my eye to regain some sight back in one eye. Below are Webb sites for you to go to  look at all this.  I've been trying to have this operation  for a year however we didn't know that the insurance I have (Medicare) would not pay in Denver or California (Utah does not do this operation).  140 people in the World have had this done with great success!  I now know I have to go to the University of Minnesota. Medicare will pay for all but about $500 out of $200,000.  This means I must be three for about 6 to 8 weeks.  I've tried fundraiser and donations from different people.  I've come up short right now and need to ask if anyone would be able to donate to my Go Fund Me account (see below) or to send a check to my husband for he is keeping the funds in a bank until we are ready to go.  The Doctor is ready and waiting.  Also, if anyone out there knows any organization that I might go to that I have not already gone to please let me know.  If you would send this to others maybe with donations coming in we could end up with the amount we need.  We are trying to get $5,000 to $7,000 since we have to pay for our own lodging, food and transportation.  I would so appreciate any amount that you felt you could donate.  This is a chance in a life time and now that I know I am excepted I would like to go through with this.  I would be the first in Utah.

* This is the information you might be interested in knowing:

The following information is provided by Second Sight, the company that owns this technology:

It is also known as the bionic eye or the retinal implant. It is intended to provide electrical stimulation of the retina to induce visual perception in blind individuals. It is indicated for use in patients with severe to profound retinitis pigmentosa. A miniature video camera housed in the patient's glasses captures a scene. The video is sent to a small patient-worn computer (i.e., the video processing unit – VPU) where it is processed and transformed into instructions that are sent back to the glasses via a cable. These instructions are transmitted wirelessly to an antenna in the retinal implant. The signals are then sent to the electrode array, which emits small pulses of electricity. These pulses bypass the damaged photoreceptors and stimulate the retina's remaining cells, which transmit the visual information along the optic nerve to the brain, creating the perception of patterns of light. Patients learn to interpret these visual patterns with their retinal implant.

The Argus® II Retinal Prosthesis System ("Argus II") is intended to provide electrical stimulation of the retina to induce visual perception in blind individuals.

HUMANITARIAN DEVICE: Authorized by Federal (U.S.) law

The Go Fund Me:

https://www.gofundme.com/p898dj98

My address is:

Sandy England

1884 West Hopalong Circle unit A

West Jordan, UT 84088

Phone: 801-282-1905 If anyone is interested in knowing more or would like to look into this for yourself please contact me.

Thank you for riding this!

Sandy and Gide dog Jet

image001.png

Sherri

Apr 26, 2016, 7:29:13 PM4/26/16
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
This is great news! Hope all goes well.
--
-- Visit the LDS.org Disability website at http://www.lds.org/disability

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Blind Latter-day Saints group. To post to this group, send email to blin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to blindlds+u...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/blindlds?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Blind Latter-day Saints" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/BlindLDS.
image001.png