Updated Electronic Braille Scripture Files

Christopher Phillips

Apr 25, 2014, 3:02:41 PM4/25/14
to Blind LDS
Hello everyone-
The updated braille files reflecting the changes in the latest version of the scriptures have recently been uploaded to the web braille website at http://braille.lds.org. We are looking for some volunteers who would be willing to review the electronic files for the Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Files with your braille reader. If you are interested or willing, you can download the files from http://braille.lds.org – please send any feedback to disab...@ldschurch.org. Files are available both with and without footnotes- thank you!

Thank you!
--

Christopher Phillips
Disability Services

Linda Reeder

Apr 29, 2014, 12:04:23 AM4/29/14
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Christopher I down loadedthe Doctrine and covenants with footnotes.  I worked on it all afternoon after church.  The problem that I find is that if the teacher should say please turn toDoctrin and covenants Section 10 verse 34 I can't get it to go there.  getting to the section is fine but when you press space with f to go forward or back or forward and type number34 it won't take you there you just end up in the footnotes.  I like to read along with the Sunday school class so this would be a big problem for me.  If there are others who have Apex could come up with some ideas on how to solve this problem.  I like the idea of having access to the footnotes, but I want to be able to get to the verces Thanks Linda Reeder
--
-- Visit the LDS.org Disability website at http://www.lds.org/disability

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Blind Latter-day Saints group. To post to this group, send email to blin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to blindlds+u...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/blindlds?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Blind Latter-day Saints" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/BlindLDS.

ron govin

Apr 29, 2014, 12:37:08 AM4/29/14
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Linda. For Sunday School and other church class I use the
scriptures without footnotes, and that's because the footnotes
are at the end of each verse. If I use just the text from the
scriptures I have a little better luck. The problem you have
with the feotnoted scriptures is you may encounter a footnoted
reference which may be an identical verse 34 to another
scripture.
can download the files from http://braille.lds.org - please send
---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast!
Antivirus protection is active.

Linda Reeder

Apr 29, 2014, 12:53:09 AM4/29/14
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ron that is what I will do I will use the one with out footnotes for
class. Thanks for your feed back Linda Reeder for

ron govin

Apr 29, 2014, 8:10:10 AM4/29/14
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Your more than welcome.
In fact, if its the gospel Doctrine Class what I do, is take the
study guide, and for each lesson I go to the scriptures on the
internet, take what I need, cut and paste it into the guide
itself so I have all the scriptures ready to look up, and read,
if I have to.
If you need any help with that let me know and I can walk you
through it.