uber

Verlyn Baldwin

Dec 17, 2015, 1:13:03 PM12/17/15
to Blin...@googlegroups.com

Has anyone used UBER? If so, did you think the price was higher or lower than a taxi? Any other comments on your experiences using this service are appreciated.

Verlyn Baldwin

letsda...@gmail.com

Sylvia Bernert

Dec 17, 2015, 1:51:08 PM12/17/15
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Uber is a good company.  They are in fact cheaper than a taxi.  I can't speak too much about the quality about the drivers because I'm a little biassed.  My father drives for Uber, and that's who we ride with when we ride Uber.

Sylvia Bernert
"If you can conceive it and believe it, you can achieve it."

--
-- Visit the LDS.org Disability website at http://www.lds.org/disability

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Blind Latter-day Saints group. To post to this group, send email to blin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to blindlds+u...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/blindlds?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Blind Latter-day Saints" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/BlindLDS.

Joey Couch

Dec 17, 2015, 3:47:30 PM12/17/15
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
I use Uber quite often here in the Louisville area and find that they
are some what cheeper than Lyft and are for sure cheeper than taxys.
About 90 to 95 % of the drivers are grate and services is grate as well.
The only thing I have seen is on going troubles with those who use
Guide dogs getting charged extra for no reason from time to time by
surten drivers in the chances I am aware of the money was refunded
after the problem was brot to Ubers attention.
Hope that this helps.
Joey
> --
> -- Visit the LDS.org Disability website at http://www.lds.org/disability

> ---
> "Blind Latter-day Saints" group.
> email to BlindLDS+u...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/BlindLDS.

Joey Couch
phone 606-216-8033.
email ki4...@gmail.com
twitter @ki4vjd
facebook ki4vjd

Sandy England

Dec 17, 2015, 5:37:52 PM12/17/15
to Blin...@googlegroups.com

In Denver it is about the same if you don’t know which cab company to take!

Leslie Gertsch

Dec 17, 2015, 5:40:16 PM12/17/15
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
I have done some experimenting and talking to others. sometimes it is cheaper sometime it is more. It seems depend to depend on the time of day or night. Often it appeared to be near the same although if you travel during slow times of the day it is clearly less. Since the Utah Council of the Blind has its cab coupon program this makes it always cheaper. However these are limited each month and so I would use a combination if I had the resources of a smart phone.
Leslie

Karl Smith

Dec 17, 2015, 5:47:04 PM12/17/15
to Blin...@googlegroups.com

Hello Verlyn,

I have used UBER in Washington DC, Baltimore, Orlando and more and really like it. It is definitely less expensive than a taxi. When I went to Baltimore last month I took a taxi from the airport to the NFB national center and it cost $35.00. I took an UBER from the national center to the airport and it cost $16.00.

Karl

mjhar...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2015, 7:33:07 PM12/22/15
to Blin...@googlegroups.com

 Hello,
I live in Maryland and I have been using Uber for about a year and a half now. I  probably use Uber 3 to 4 times a week. I find it to be a great service. The rates generally are about a third less than a taxi. I also very much enjoy the convenience of being able to track everything on my phone~ pay on my phone, arrange for a ride on my phone, and know when The driver is coming and who it is. I also like the feature which allows me to communicate with the driver so I can give them extra information if I am in and obscure   location, or just to notify them to watch for me since I am blind and won't  necessarily know when they arrive. I also have two small children, so taking an  Uber is sometimes more preferable than public transportation. Most of my experience with installing car seats and traveling with two small children and very strivers has also been very positive. I have used Uber in various areas in Maryland and also in Orlando and found the experience to be about the same.l
Also, when I have had an issue with a pick up or trouble with the app, the Uber support team has been great to correct the issue and credit me back for the charge or work out the problem. Good luck and I hope that you have as positive of an experience as I have. Thanks.

Verlyn Baldwin

Jan 14, 2016, 2:28:13 PM1/14/16
to Blin...@googlegroups.com

Hi Sylvia,

I had a friend put my departure and destination locations on their Uber account. The results indicated that there was no service in either city (Denton and Dallas, TX).

Might your father know if this may have been due to the time of day (early AmM) or that there truly is no UBER service in Denton. I do know that there is in Dallas.

My departure location would be 2500 Hinkle Dr. Denton, TX 76201

The destination is

9600 N. Central Expressway Ste. 200 Dallas, TX 75231

Thank you for any information you can provide,

Verlyn Baldwin