Download Question

Sylvia Bernert

May 8, 2014, 5:09:45 PM5/8/14
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Hello List,

Mostly for you apex users:
I was trying to download one of the Primary manuals off of lds.org onto my apex.  It must be a pretty big file because instead of giving me the option of "save" to a certain location, it asked which folder I wanted the file downloaded to.  I then specified which folder I wanted the file downloaded into, and it continued the downloading process.  Five hours later, it's still downloading and I canceled the process because I needed to use my apex for something else.  Should it really take that long to download one file?

I then tried downloading the same file from my PC onto my SD card.  When I tried doing it that way, it gave me the option of downloading each individual lesson of the manual, or it gave me a list of types of files such as text or PDF.  Can you not download brf files off of lds.org anymore?  Please help!!  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Sylvia Bernert
"If you can conceive it and believe it, you can achieve it."

Sandy England

May 9, 2014, 9:06:19 AM5/9/14
to Blin...@googlegroups.com

Sylvia,

Please send me a Email about wha t is going on with you and your amly.  syea...@centurylink.net  Would love to hear from you!

Sandy England

Home Phone in California: 530-824-4134

Home Phone in Utah: 801-282-1905

Cell Phone: 801-634-8002

--
-- Visit the LDS.org Disability website at http://www.lds.org/disability

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Blind Latter-day Saints group. To post to this group, send email to blin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to blindlds+u...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/blindlds?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Blind Latter-day Saints" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/BlindLDS.

ron govin

May 9, 2014, 10:16:11 AM5/9/14
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Hello, all! Sylvia, I took one of those primary files and tried
to download and had the same trouble. I even downloaded it and
then tried to use the unzip feature in the apex and had the same
proym. I then called Humanware's tech support and they tried it
with the same result. So, Christopher, if you see this it looks
like we either have files with incomplete information or they are
corrupt in some way.

Christopher Phillips

May 9, 2014, 11:36:16 AM5/9/14
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for this information everyone- I just tried to download all of
the Primary BRF files and they worked on computer, so we need to some more
digging to understand why they are not working on your devices.

If anyone is willing to test or do some troubleshooting, here is a link to
the Primary 1 manual:
http://media.ldscdn.org/braille/resources/primary-1_34969_eng.zip

I¹m happy to get things fixed, but if anyone can help diagnose the
specific problem it would be very helpful!

--

Christopher Phillips
Disability Services
> [...]
>ece42e
>---
>"Blind Latter-day Saints" group.
>email to BlindLDS+u...@googlegroups.com.
>Visit this group at
>https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/url?u=http://groups.google.com/group/
>BlindLDS&k=wlPCrglRP6kzT4RbABWMaw%3D%3D%0A&r=lM7mTtbq1Wcb5aqx8QpSZXr6hNw9H
>qg%2FLspjviALAqg%3D%0A&m=20JJg8hoydFg8KA%2Bg815V3kJG4u6tkFVdpPqwCnA9Fw%3D%
>0A&s=bf6462fbb516a31619ca4acf98dbe32c6eac0b8f09073b9140b1a05eb4d6132c.
>For more options, visit
>https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/url?u=https://groups.google.com/d/opt
>out&k=wlPCrglRP6kzT4RbABWMaw%3D%3D%0A&r=lM7mTtbq1Wcb5aqx8QpSZXr6hNw9Hqg%2F
>LspjviALAqg%3D%0A&m=20JJg8hoydFg8KA%2Bg815V3kJG4u6tkFVdpPqwCnA9Fw%3D%0A&s=
>0c0ea005a25aaf12813a8d7f8dac91427a06be1f65902be7360ebd895874a4de.

linda reeder

May 9, 2014, 5:53:00 PM5/9/14
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Christopher was this file converted to brf from a PDF file? The
reason I am asking is because I had a similar experience. The
HOA sent the residences a news letter with an attachment of a
phone directory. I couldn't even open it. I called humanware
tech support because the Apex has a feature that converts a PDF
TEXT. This is what he told me when working with a PDF file there
is a box that says PDF TEXT. If you non't click on that box and
just send the file it will automatically be an image format.
I called Paul and he didn't believe me. He insisted it was a PDF
TEXT, but he resent it and guess what it workthe however I did
have to save the file as a TEXT file to make it readable. I
could read it on my desk top computer but when i sent it to my
braille note it was weird It had the unit numbers at the top of
the page. The residences names in the middle of the page and the
phone numbers at the bottom of the page so you had no way of
knowing what was what. Onice I saved it as a text file and put
in in to my braille note and converted to a braille file it
worked beautifully.. Thanks Linda Reeder

TerriLynne Pomeroy

May 9, 2014, 8:34:47 PM5/9/14
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
This is one of the reasons why it would be so helpful to have access to
these documents in either a .txt format or as an html document. Such
documents work across all machines and you don't have all of the what works
with what problems.

TerriLynne

May 16, 2014, 4:20:57 PM5/16/14
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
Can someone please walk me through downloading the Primary 1 manual from my
PC? I have tried numerous times, and have not been successful. I really
need this manual. I can't tell if I need to unzip the file, but it's not
downloading like it used to.