Braille Note question - again!

Claire Hux

Oct 19, 2014, 5:00:56 PM10/19/14
to Blind LDS Google Groups
Hi everyone:
I hope you are all enjoying your day of rest.  I know for me so far, it has been a very peaceful and spiritual time.
I have a query, and I am hoping that someone will know what to do.
I have an SD card which was given to me by my friend.  It has all the things I need, like the scriptures, the teachings of presidents, hymns – you get the picture – but the Pearl of Great Price has footnotes, and all the other scriptures are with and without footnotes, and frankly, I can’t study with the footnotes.  I went to the church web site and found the web braille, and indeed, there is the option of having it without footnotes.
I have spent the last two hours trying to load the Pearl of Great Price onto my Braille Note, without success.  I also tried doing it on my PC by using the applications key to save it as target, and then unpack it on the Braille Note, but I haven’t even been able to do that.
I don’t know what step I am missing when trying to download church braille items onto my Braille Note.   I would appreciate any help you can give me, and look forward to hearing from some of you.
Thank you very much, in anticipation.
I hope your Sabbath continues to be happy and peaceful.
Respectfully
Claire Hux

star...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2014, 10:28:22 PM10/19/14
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
    Hi,
If the braille files are .brf files, the braille note should be able to open them.
If you are saveing the files on your computer, go to the folder where you saved the files and copy the file to the clipboard.
If the braille note has a transfer application, or if windows detects the braille note as a drive, go to the braille note drive and paste it in to the folder that you want.
Then try to open the file after you’ve pasted the file on to the braille note.
I hope this helps.
Sincerely,
John Sanders
--
-- Visit the LDS.org Disability website at http://www.lds.org/disability

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Blind Latter-day Saints group. To post to this group, send email to blin...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to blindlds+u...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/blindlds?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Blind Latter-day Saints" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/BlindLDS.

ron govin

Oct 20, 2014, 7:25:12 AM10/20/14
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
I actually downloaded the Pearl of Great Price yesterday.
Once you've determined where you want to put the file into a
folder on your braille note, go to the link of the book you want.
Press enter. You'll get a bunch of symbols and other dots,
followed the header to the book you want-in this case The Pearl
Of Great Price.
Type space with S. You should get a message asking which folder
you wan the file to go to. Find the folder and press enter. You
should then get the message, "saved" telling you the file has, in
deed, been saved to the folder of your choice.
Now, go to the folder where you saved the file and open it.
You'll get a response asking you to review your options. Type Y"
for yes. Then, press space with e. You should see the whole
documented displayed.
Here, I like to use place-markers to find my table of contents,
abbreviations, the beginning of chapters, etc. Once I've done my
preliminaries, I press space with e. I then get the message,
"Document has been modified. Save as a keyword document. Typing
Y", here, I then get the response, "Document name?" To make it
easier to find, later, I typed the word "pearl". Press enter.
You should be returned to the keyword menu.
If you need more help send me not e-mail: rngovin%gmailcom and
we'll try a different route to this.

Claire Hux

Oct 20, 2014, 11:15:39 PM10/20/14
to Blin...@googlegroups.com
I did it! Thank you so much Brother Govin. As soon as I read your email I
remembered about the S-cord. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love it
when I actually learn something new each day.
Claire