Re: {Beneteau Owners} Engine ventilation fan always on?

DAVID Fletcher

Nov 5, 2016, 9:30:11 AM11/5/16
to Beneteau Group
It is not like a gasoline engine which has a blower designed to remove any gas vapors from the engine area which are extremely volatile . Gas vapors are heavier than air and hang  around in the bottom of the hull area. Diesel fumes are less explosive than gas fumes.

Diesel engines needs lots of fresh air to operate efficiently. Your engine is in a small enclosure so the blower supplies air to the engine. I believe you will have two vents one to let air and one to let air out . The makes for a good combustion curcuit.

You  won't hear it after a while.

Especially when the engine is off and the sails are trimmed . lol

Sent from my Samsung device