Head Issues - electric - flush and nothing leaves the bowl

J.R. Peacock

Jun 13, 2016, 1:10:15 PM6/13/16
to Beneteau Owners
Hey All -

Oceanis 351 - not sure if someone flushed something down they should not have or I have a clog somewhere.

I have a electric macerator - think it is a Jabsco setup in my 1997 Oceanis 351. Bowl fills with water but wont drain at all.

Changed the joker valve with no luck. Holding tank is empty.

Is the vent clogged?

Any tips on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Larry Cost

Jun 13, 2016, 2:09:05 PM6/13/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

Does the macerator run? If so, take it apart. Sometimes items can get wrapped around the blade. Barring that, check the hose, you could have calcium buildup.

Larry Cost
s/v TraSea
Beneteau 473

Jun 13, 2016, 2:51:31 PM6/13/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Check the "y" valve.

Denny Wertheimer

Jun 13, 2016, 3:58:58 PM6/13/16
to Beneteau Group
There is no like or agree button on my email. but MB is where i would start first. open thru hull also should be checked. if it is the thru hull,

Denny Wertheimer

314-330-5001

Denny Wertheimer

Jun 13, 2016, 4:00:14 PM6/13/16
to Beneteau Group
well that should have rean MB is correct about the why valve.

--

Denny Wertheimer

314-330-5001

bungee.john

Jun 13, 2016, 5:57:27 PM6/13/16
to Beneteau Owners
Been any females on board ? Check for tampon jamming the system

carl ramsey

Jun 14, 2016, 2:43:27 AM6/14/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
hi,,,,,I had the same probs on my last boat,,,,electric ,,jabsco masherator etc,,,,,had to take extract electric pump and found someone had put  toilet paper down and  a hair clip had found its way in,,,,2 women on board but hey no one said they done it,,,,,,anyway it worked ok after removing,,,,,,it happened again  a few days later ,,this time a tooth pick found its way there along with what looked like cotton wool ( what women use to wipe thier makeup off) same 2 women still on board but hey ,,,,no one admitted to it ,,,again took out pump ,,,after no probs,,,,then i put a big sign in head saying that only stuff that you ve eaten goes in the toilet ,,,,never did have another problem,,,,,,,,by the way  the 2 women was my wife and my daughter who was joined later the next week by my mother in law,,,,lol........get a sign printed solves  the problem

Sent from Samsung tablet

Kidd, James

Jun 14, 2016, 3:56:47 AM6/14/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Taken mine off a few times as well. Found dental floss, chewing gum, etc.
It jams very easily

Sent from my iPhone