Oceanis 400 Stowage - Any creative solutions?

drdanj

Mar 19, 2018, 2:56:03 PM3/19/18
to Beneteau Owners
Question: Has anyone come up with creative stowage solutions, shelves, drawers, cubbies, slings? Where did you put them? Have any photos?

I'm a bit surprised by the relative lack of well-designed stowage on my new to me 1994 Oceanis 400 stowage. My old Catalina 36 had better designed stowage overall.

Example: flatware for eating. The Catalina had this special little door by the sink that swung out/down about 40 degrees with dividers for flatware. It also had a liftup top in the table where you could put flatware or other dining/cooking utensils napkins, whatever. The 400 has no convenient place to store flatware. I thought about adding a drawer under the table, but the way the leg supports flare out, the space is so narrow, it would not be worth the effort.

Shelves: The C36 had nice shelves behind the settees, deep and high enough for regular size books or lay down large book. There's nothing like that on the O400. The previous owner of my O400 added a shelf behind the settee, right at the bottom of the companionway, see the photo. It's big enough to hold books, but not really a great location for such items. I'm still trying to figure out what to put in there.

New Shelf.jpg