Full port side tank made floorboards rise?

BaltimoreBoys

Jun 26, 2016, 6:13:23 PM6/26/16
to Beneteau Owners
Hello!  We are new owners of a Oceanis 473 and filled the port side aft head water tank, and when we did, it seems to have expanded the tank and caused the floor board panel to raise up about a half an inch. It swivels on the host connection to the center of the tank, and is obviously annoying.  We noticed that a large circle had been bored into the underneath of the floorboard at that point, so this has been an issue before (or was that factory?).  Anybody else have this issue or how to solve it?

Kidd, James

Jun 26, 2016, 9:04:58 PM6/26/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

Its normal.

With the floor tanks, you should not over-fill them, as they will expand.

They are very different than your conventional plastic stand alone tank.

James A Kidd

Key Account Manager

jk...@kaydon.com

james....@skf.com

617-448-2575 cell/office

231-755-4102 fax

www.kaydonbearings.com

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Rick L

Jun 27, 2016, 7:49:34 AM6/27/16
to Beneteau Owners
This happens with mine also - I fill it and then drain out a gallon or two.

Brian W

Jun 27, 2016, 8:07:35 AM6/27/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Go to http://community.ilovemybeneteau.com/boats.php?boat_id=25&type_id=1
There are a series of owners manuals for the 473 that include the fresh water system. Also brochures for the boat.
BTW...beautiful boat! Best of luck with her.

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Treat the Earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. - Native American Proverb

bungee.john

Jun 28, 2016, 4:58:23 AM6/28/16
to Beneteau Owners
Check the vents ,sounds like they could be blocked
bungee