Access to rear of engine on B323

danstanford

Sep 28, 2016, 11:30:24 AM9/28/16
to Beneteau Owners
Having just bought a 2007 Beneteau 323 I love just about everything! I have tried to work through some maintenance and winterization issues and cannot believe the poor access to the engine. Is there some way to pull the panel off at the aft end of the compartment? Looking at it I see a pair of screws way down at the bottom of the panel inside the compartment where I would have to have go, go gadget arms to reach.

Is there a secret latch? Does this panel actually come off?

I am sure I will have lots of questions as I am coming from experience with a couple of Hunters before that are really different in lots of ways.

Dan

Ted Weitz

Sep 28, 2016, 11:32:58 AM9/28/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Assuming it is the same as on my 2006, you simply pull on the top of the panel, where there is a shelf, and it pops right out.
--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Ted Weitz
tm...@columbia.edu

JKR...@aol.com

Sep 28, 2016, 11:57:28 AM9/28/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure if this is the same panel as our 331 in the aft cabin. If it is it's glued into the sides with wood triangle gussets. I pried out the panel (carefully) and drilled for four long machine bolts with wing nuts so I could easily remove the panel evry season for maintenance.
PS that was thirteen years ago and no hard to the rest of the interior.

Ron
S/v Esprit

In a message dated 9/28/2016 11:30:33 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dan.st...@sympatico.ca writes:
[...]

RICHARD DAMICO

Sep 28, 2016, 12:43:57 PM9/28/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
I’m not exactly sure what your referring to, but I have a 2006 323, and the engine is accessible from three areas, the companion way door, the port panel found in the rear birth just inside the door, and behind the engine in the rear birth area is a shelf, pull the shelf forward and it just lifts out giving you rear access to the engine.

This is the way it is on my 2006, it may have changed for 2007.

Rick

Beneteau 323  Airtime

Sailing out of San Diego

Mark J Wilme

Sep 28, 2016, 12:55:02 PM9/28/16
to beneteau-owners
our 381 (not a 323 is secured with velcro.
don't laugh, it works

Mark Wilme
Mark....@Gmail.com

danstanford

Sep 28, 2016, 1:36:00 PM9/28/16
to Beneteau Owners
Thanks Everybody, I felt all around the panel looking for some kind of clip or connector and I gently pulled on it but you have given me some inspiration to pull harder!

Hopefully will have this sorted out Friday night when I go to sleep over.

Dan

danstanford

Oct 4, 2016, 8:58:16 AM10/4/16
to Beneteau Owners
Mark, you nailed it! Lots of velcro and it works really well. If I hadn't read what you wrote I would have quit hauling on it because I would be afraid of breaking it. Seems like one of those things worth covering in the manual!
Thanks Everybody