Leaking glass skylight is OUT!

Bill

Sep 26, 2016, 6:09:30 PM9/26/16
to Benetea...@googlegroups.com
It took a little bit of patience and a chemical called Relief and we got the large acrylic panel out without breaking it.
My friend who helped couldn't believe that the window was leaking because I had recaulked the window and it looked perfect. He masked the leaking section off with putty and poured some water on it and you would think that there was no glass or caulking there. The water went straight down. It seems the caulking never adhered to the fiberglass.
Slowly we pried the acrylic up using some Resolve and it came off. Took about an hour.
Next step is to clean and use primer to make sure Silkaflex bonds.

Bill

Sent from my iPad