Depth Transducer

William Bausha

Apr 18, 2017, 8:29:59 AM4/18/17
to Benetea...@googlegroups.com, Bill Bausha
Anyone in the group have experience replacing an AirMar Thru Hull Depth Transducer and re running the new cable to the ST60 Tri Data unit or splicing instead ????? My boat is a Oceanis 381 2001.

Thx

Bill

JackroseIV

wewag...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2017, 9:17:45 AM4/18/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I have spliced speed and depth transducers. No problem.
I think AirMar sells a splice box.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone
> --
> Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
> ** members and growing.

> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

JKR...@aol.com

Apr 18, 2017, 9:38:20 AM4/18/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Airmar also has instructions on their website on how to test the transducer, as they very rarely fail. It is usually the instrument.
Ron
S/v Esprit

Rod MacLeod

Apr 18, 2017, 1:50:57 PM4/18/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
I just replaced my transducer as replacing the old Raymarine instruments with new Garmin instruments on my 361 which would be similar. It is not hard to remove and reinstall the cable, but it is time-consuming. As in the original installation, the cable is tie-wrapped at least every 12” on the run from the cockpit pedestal to adjacent the electrical panel and then run in a conduit path from there to near the bow where the transducer is installed, it takes a while to pull out the old cable, and then feed the new - at least two hours in my case. Splicing could probably be done in 15 minutes or less - sounds like the better option to me.

Rod

Windswept
B361

Gibbs Emilio