Re: {Beneteau Owners} Auto Pilot

Dragon...@aol.com

Aug 20, 2016, 8:42:37 PM8/20/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ami,

I'm impressed that you have not had any issues in 14 years!!

You didn't say what auto pilot system you have, or where you sail (salt or fresh water).  On our fresh water B331 with a Raymarine S4000 we have had to replace the drive belt in the last year, and occasionally (annually) adjust the clutch belt tension.  The ST4000 manual states that the mechanism should be flushed of any salt accumulation with a mild detergent and fresh water (DO NOT USE any mineral based solvents like WD-40 as it's designed to not need lubrication).

Dean & Bonnie
s/v Dragonfly B331 #241
/) /) /) /) /)
~~~~~~~~

In a message dated 8/20/2016 1:41:41 P.M. Central Daylight Time, benetea...@googlegroups.com writes:
Hi list

Does anybody know if auto pilot system needs any maintenance.
I have mine for 14 years now on my 2002 B473 and it has been always working flawlessly.
It never occurred to me that may be I should be doing something for it

Ami
B473
Once in a Blue moon

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Ted Weitz

Dragon...@aol.com

Aug 21, 2016, 8:46:49 AM8/21/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
You didn't say which system you have so without seeing itsystem, I'm guessing:  the out of round appearance is a symptom of the binding, which is possibly/probably due to the clutch needing adjustment; or perhaps the back plate is cracked - ours was and we replaced it, the roller bearings and the bearing retainers when we replaced the drive belt (which is no longer supplied by Ray Marine, but a NJ company whose name & contact info I'd have to look up)

Dean & Bonnie
s/v Dragonfly B331 #241
~~~~~~~~
To post to this group, send email to Benetea...@googlegroups.com

contact denny.we...@gmail.com, or ume...@comcast.net if you have a list management question
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Ted Weitz