Stop cable adjustment

Jerry T

Apr 11, 2018, 2:36:36 PM4/11/18
to Beneteau Owners
Hello,

I am the proud new owner of a 1999 Beneteau 311.  As I have been going over her I noticed that the STOP knob at the binnacle end will not push in all of the way - about an inch sticks out.  I tried to remedy this by loosening the other end of the cable that attaches to the stop lever.  I thought I would have been able to push that cable all the way in once detached, but that was not the case.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Mark J Wilme

Apr 11, 2018, 3:06:24 PM4/11/18
to beneteau-owners
Mine did the same (OC381) and was stiff. I pulled out the cable to replace it but in the end just dismantled the entire cable, cleaned it up and lubed it and put it back together - now it is no longer stiff and I was able to adjust it so that it pushes in all the way.

PS - I also replaced the end knob with one I found at Ace Hardware store, the new one I can get two fingers behind, its just easier to use

Mark Wilme
Mark....@Gmail.com

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

trimsails

Apr 12, 2018, 3:22:30 PM4/12/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mark,

Will you please share how you adjusted the inner cable length?

Jerry

Mark J Wilme

Apr 13, 2018, 7:25:15 AM4/13/18
to beneteau-owners