Groaning from the cutlass bearing in 411 from the volvo shaft seal

411 owners

Nov 4, 2016, 7:27:06 AM11/4/16
to Beneteau Owners
Last week I noticed and muffled sound when leaving the dock. I soon put up the sails and shut the engine. It got loader under sail. I tried putting her in reverse but that did not help. After an hour or so I returned home and felt the drive shaft. It was quite hot.I squeezed the black rubber seal and some water squirted out. I also sprayed some lubricant at the shaft at the seal. I have not taken her out again. Has anyone encountered this issue and what was the resolution?

Grey Havens

Nov 10, 2023, 7:47:15 PM11/10/23
to Beneteau Owners
You might want to check your engine feet to see if they have loosened and put  your shaft out of alignment. >

John Van Den Hengel

Nov 10, 2023, 9:31:08 PM11/10/23
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Another thing to check is to make sure that you have enough Blue Volvo Grease in the Dripless.

Sent by Google Pixel 5

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1500** members and growing.