Sentry SM Battery Charger

jala...@charter.net

Apr 20, 2017, 10:14:07 AM4/20/17
to Beneteau Owners
Hello,

I have a Sentry SM 1220/2 20 amp battery charger on my 2002 Beneteau 331.
I am looking at replacing my lead acid batteries with Group 31 AGM's (start, 2 house).
The operator manual specifies that it can be used on lead acid, gel and lead calcium type batteries.
But, it does not say anything about AGM's.

Has anyone used this charger with AGM's?
Or would you recommend upgrading to a newer charger that would reduce the risk of overcharging?

Thanks in advance for your help.

John
Solitude
Beneteau 331

Mark J Wilme

Apr 20, 2017, 11:03:07 AM4/20/17
to beneteau-owners
I replaced my 20A Sentry with a Charles 50A three stage when I put Lifeline AGM's in

Mark Wilme
Mark....@Gmail.com

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Taner Halacoglu | Tes Konfeksiyon

Apr 21, 2017, 4:40:48 AM4/21/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

Hi John,

I would recommend gel batteries for the house. I have used lead acid and agm but I think a good brand gel is the best for a sailboat house battery.  This is the 6 th year on my boat  sonnenschein jells (german brand I do not now if you have in us)  and still holds very well. For the start agm or closed cell lead acid are ok. This way you will not have to change the charger.

Best Regards,

Taner

--

Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

contact denny.we...@gmail.com, or ume...@comcast.net if you have a list management question
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.