Dripless problem now windless

wewag...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2016, 5:57:54 PM6/15/16
to Benetea...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for all suggestions on burping dripless coupling. Problem seems solved.
Now when I press the up/ down buttons on the windless control line all I get is a click.
Any ideas?
Love boating, always a challenge 😬occasionally nirvana😀
Thanks,
Bill
Sent from my iPhone

Mark J Wilme

Jun 15, 2016, 5:58:51 PM6/15/16
to beneteau-owners
click from where?

switch, solenoid, elsewhere ?

Mark Wilme
Mark....@Gmail.com

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

wewag...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2016, 9:19:43 PM6/15/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Good question. Have to listen more carefully.

Sent from my iPhone

bungee.john

Jun 15, 2016, 9:32:34 PM6/15/16
to Beneteau Owners
Hi Bill, I had the same problem and was simply through lack of use,you may need to take the power end off the windless and free up the solenoids that pull in when energised ,
One for up and one for down ,some windless have up only ,if you haven't used for sometime I would look there first ,if so then every now and then motor up and down a couple of feet to work the solenoid ,must do mine
Regards bungee

Mike Boyle

Jun 16, 2016, 11:12:38 AM6/16/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
the click is probably the solenoid. I’d check the main circuit. It’s the heavy cable running directly from the battery to the windless motor. there should be a circuit breaker somewhere. maybe it tripped.
if that checks out then I’d suspect the contacts inside the solenoid are NG

Mike
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mailto:beneteau-owners%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com.

Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Mark J Wilme

Jun 16, 2016, 11:19:18 AM6/16/16
to beneteau-owners
On my 381 I have a circuit breaker alongside my main battery switches. The consumer side of the switches are in the aft port cabin. The business side of the switches are on the bulkhead above the engine (underneath the companionway steps).

YMMV

Mark Wilme
Mark....@Gmail.com