Re: {Beneteau Owners} Galley Fridge Lid Bolt Inserts

Dragon...@aol.com

Sep 20, 2016, 9:28:39 PM9/20/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
We have discovered that our galley fridge hinges are secured with metric threaded (SS?) bolts that insert into a metal (SS?) metric threaded insert.  The metal inserts appear to have been glued (maybe just pressure fitted?) into the vertical hole(s) drilled in the counter top for the metal insert.  The main issue is a couple of the inserts have fallen thru the bottom of the counter top (doesn't appear that there is any access to this area under the countertop behind (aft of) the fridge), so the bolts do not keep the lid in alignment when opening or closing, nor as snugly closed.  Has anyone else had this issue?  If so what was the 'fix'?  Thanks in advance for any/all suggestions; they are welcome.

PS:  I've yet to contact Ward @ the Bene 'mother-ship'.

Thanks,
Dean & Bonnie
s/v Dragonfly B331 #241
~~~~~~~~

davidcf...@rogers.com

Sep 20, 2016, 9:38:38 PM9/20/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
There's a Beneteau sheet on repairing this. In my case I drilled them out. Epoxied hardwood towels from the hardware store into the holes and drlilled them to a 6 or 8 stainless sheet metal screw. The hinge covers it.  Holding good now.

Fletch

Sent from my BlackBerry® PlayBook™
www.blackberry.com