B 393 arch

Greg A

Oct 16, 2017, 6:32:58 PM10/16/17
to Beneteau Owners
I want to add an arch to my '06 Moorings 403 (a.k.a. B 393).  I would love to get the B 423 arch and adapt it as others on this forum have done, but St. Barts Yachts says Beneteau no longer sells them.  Kato Marine sells beautiful arches, but $8-9k seems like a bit much for this boat.  Atlantic Towers has one for under $2k.  Does anyone have any experience with these?  It may be made from aluminum, so I'm a little worried about corrosion.  Any other suggestions?  My goal is to do some east coast cruising and maybe hop over to the Bahamas in a good weather window.

Mark Stillwell

Oct 16, 2017, 6:49:15 PM10/16/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg,

We have an Atlantic Tower arch ordered. We’re currently in St Petersburg . The Yacht Rigger will install it for us.

$2k is base price. Add shipping, installation and all the extras like dingy lines, solar brackets, radar pole, etc. ours will be closer to $5k all done

Sent from my iPhone
Mark Stillwell

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Sail...@aol.com

Oct 16, 2017, 7:13:26 PM10/16/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
I installed mine 4 years ago and it was easy with two people.  There are a bunch of these on the bay.

Uwe Mewes

Oct 16, 2017, 8:57:33 PM10/16/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Aluminum is less weight! They do offer as well schedule 80 tubing for a little extra charge. Great product. I have the radar stand available for sale if interested.

      Uwe Mewes
           HCW
    Beneteau 45F5

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 16, 2017, at 7:13 PM, Sail83494 via Beneteau Owners <benetea...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

I installed mine 4 years ago and it was easy with two people.  There are a bunch of these on the bay.

<spinnaker%20pm%20logo.jpg>

DAVID Fletcher

Oct 16, 2017, 9:49:51 PM10/16/17
to Beneteau Group
Contact Jason Mitchell at South Coast Marine in Clearwater Florida.

They made all of the 423 arches for Beneteau. I was involved with a group buy in late 2013.

The cost as I recall was less than 2k

He is hard to get in touch with however they a jig and the plans.

If you can get two or three others he will do it for sure.

Cheers Fletch

Sent from my Samsung device

Greg A

Oct 18, 2017, 3:11:56 PM10/18/17
to Beneteau Owners

On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 9:49:51 PM UTC-4, Fletch wrote:
Contact Jason Mitchell at South Coast Marine in Clearwater Florida.

They made all of the 423 arches for Beneteau. I was involved with a group buy in late 2013.

The cost as I recall was less than 2k

He is hard to get in touch with however they a jig and the plans.

If you can get two or three others he will do it for sure.

Cheers Fletch
---------------------------------

Thanks for the contact info.  That's my top choice.  I left a msg for Jason this morning.

Greg

Greg A

Oct 18, 2017, 3:14:14 PM10/18/17
to Beneteau Owners

On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 6:49:15 PM UTC-4, Dragonfly B331 wrote:
Hi Greg,

We have an Atlantic Tower arch ordered. We’re currently in St Petersburg . The Yacht Rigger will install it for us.

$2k is base price. Add shipping, installation and all the extras like dingy lines, solar brackets, radar pole, etc. ours will be closer to $5k all done

Sent from my iPhone
Mark Stillwell

---------------------

Mark, thanks for the reality check on the price

Greg A

Oct 18, 2017, 3:29:22 PM10/18/17
to Beneteau Owners

On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 7:13:26 PM UTC-4, Sail...@aol.com wrote:
I installed mine 4 years ago and it was easy with two people.  There are a bunch of these on the bay.

Thanks Jeffrey.  That's reassuring.

Greg A

Oct 18, 2017, 3:43:19 PM10/18/17
to Beneteau Owners

On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 8:57:33 PM UTC-4, Uwe wrote:
Aluminum is less weight! They do offer as well schedule 80 tubing for a little extra charge. Great product. I have the radar stand available for sale if interested.

      Uwe Mewes
           HCW
    Beneteau 45F5

-------

Uwe,

Good point about the weight.   Any signs of galvanic corrosion where stainless steel bolts touch the aluminum?  Or do they use nylon bushings or similar?

I should have mentioned that the first job for the arch will be to carry my 10' RIB (Caribe C10X).  It lives on the dinghy rack in the marina for now.  I've got a rollup inflatable on board that I'm using but that is a PITA to drag out and deploy, and is less fun to drive than the RIB.  I will think about radar and solar panels after I solve my dink problem.

UWE Mewes

Oct 19, 2017, 8:01:34 PM10/19/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com, Greg A

All surfaces are "anodized". Yes, they do use nylon washers too. Google "Atlantic Towers". Nice website. You can read up on warranty and manufacturing procedures. They offer 5 years on craftsmanship and corrosion. Be real careful when choosing a installer. The legs are longer then what you need so they must be cut. Installers typically do a marginal job with the backing plates. Consider the extra weight if you want to leave the outboard on your inflatable. You just can't go wrong with oversized backing plates. Consider careful where you attach the arch to the hull. Most structural support is near to the edges. I fabricated aluminum wedges (angled spacers) to match the different angled surfaces. Anodizing was pocket change. If you can, do it yourself.

Mark Stillwell

Oct 19, 2017, 9:07:10 PM10/19/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com, Greg A
They only sell heavy for B393.

I’ll post pix next week after installation

Sent from my iPhone
Mark Stillwell