ຂ້າມໄປຫາຂໍ້ຄວາມທີ່ຍັງບໍ່ໄດ້ອ່ານທຳອິດ

Ran

ຍັງບໍ່ໄດ້ອ່ານ,
10 ພ.ຈ. 2016, 11:32:3610/11/2016
ຫາ Beneteau Owners
I am a new owner of a 2005 B423. Why is there a jumper between the engine buss and the house buss? It would seem to me that you would want to keep the two busses separate so that when you turned on the engine Batt that it can only power the engine/starter, and when you turned on the house batt that it would only power the house. It would be prudent to have the jumper available in the rare case where you might need the house batt to start the engine, but I can't figure an instance where you would want the engine batt to power the house.

Christopher Hubbell

ຍັງບໍ່ໄດ້ອ່ານ,
10 ພ.ຈ. 2016, 12:04:5110/11/2016
ຫາ benetea...@googlegroups.com
It’s set up so that if the starter battery is dead, turning on the house switch will enable the house battery to start the engine.  Hard to control direction of flow without moving to an ACR-like system.

There are certainly better ways to do it under modern ABYC conventions, but rewiring that section is something that requires some research, and special crimping tools.

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

JoeT

ຍັງບໍ່ໄດ້ອ່ານ,
11 ພ.ຈ. 2016, 8:10:2011/11/2016
ຫາ Beneteau Owners
There is normally a relay in that jumper circuit so the two batts are only tied together if the relay is activated. The relay is normally activated by an output from the generator so that the two are tied together when the engine is running and thus both batts get charged. Does your not have that relay and are directly tied together instead?
I don't know about other models, but there were some 343's around that vintage, like my '06, that the relay was miswired and essentially stayed on all the time, and it was a real problem.

Joe T.
Regina del Seni
'06 B343

Mark J Wilme

ຍັງບໍ່ໄດ້ອ່ານ,
11 ພ.ຈ. 2016, 8:20:3711/11/2016
ຫາ beneteau-owners
Our 381 came with a home made jumper combining the two banks - I removed, still have it in my spares box in case I ever need to start the engine from the house bank

Mark Wilme
Mark....@Gmail.com

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Ran

ຍັງບໍ່ໄດ້ອ່ານ,
11 ພ.ຈ. 2016, 10:00:4811/11/2016
ຫາ Beneteau Owners
Mine has no relay, just a short piece of 00 connecting the two buss side posts of the two battery switches. I'm inclined to do what Mark did and just remove the jumper and keep in the tool box just in case.

Mark J Wilme

ຍັງບໍ່ໄດ້ອ່ານ,
11 ພ.ຈ. 2016, 10:02:5211/11/2016
ຫາ beneteau-owners
I also changed the way I charge (previous post from a few years ago)

I now charge (both alternator and shore power charger) to my house bank

I then do a dc-dc charge to my starting battery using a Balmar duo charge ( there are other products that do the same thing)

Mark Wilme
Mark....@Gmail.com

--

Joker460

ຍັງບໍ່ໄດ້ອ່ານ,
13 ພ.ຈ. 2016, 15:24:5513/11/2016
ຫາ Beneteau Owners
That' the way Beneteau wires their boats. I agree it would be better to have separate power distribution with a choice to jumper when needed,

One thought is the Negative switch which is also standard in Beneteau's is not up to ABYC's code. Disconnect the 2 negative wires to that switch and join them on a common terminal block. Now wire the Negative switch as the bypass Switch and relabel.

On Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 11:32:36 AM UTC-5, Ran wrote:

RICHARD DAMICO

ຍັງບໍ່ໄດ້ອ່ານ,
14 ພ.ຈ. 2016, 1:06:4814/11/2016
ຫາ benetea...@googlegroups.com

Does anyone have any thoughts on the new Beneteau 41.1? I sailed one today on San Diego Bay, she was awesome. They’re asking about $350,000. Thinking about upgrading from my Beneteau 323 (06). I’d love to hear what anyone has to say.

Rick D’Amico
Beneteau 323 “Airtime”
San Diego (living in Phoenix)

Jeffrey

ຍັງບໍ່ໄດ້ອ່ານ,
14 ພ.ຈ. 2016, 10:27:0714/11/2016
ຫາ benetea...@googlegroups.com
I would buy a used one for half.

Jeffrey
--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

Ran

ຍັງບໍ່ໄດ້ອ່ານ,
14 ພ.ຈ. 2016, 19:17:5514/11/2016
ຫາ Beneteau Owners, rick-...@cox.net
Rick, where is your 323? My 423 is at Fiddlers Cove

Bram Arnold
B423 "Ran"

Bob Frew

ຍັງບໍ່ໄດ້ອ່ານ,