Leaks - hatches and boom

Rick L

Jul 6, 2016, 7:52:50 AM7/6/16
to Beneteau Owners
Have two problems with leaks-

1)  Forward hatch leaking - looks like it may be coming from the hinge area - is there some way to replace gaskets, etc at hinges.

2)  This year, the boom seems to hold a lot of water when it rains and it runs out the end - never noticed this before.  I know you can buy a boom plug but water still leeks from rivets in boom.  Where is water entering the boom - I doubt it is the unplugged end as I have canvas on.

Thanks for any insights here.

Rick
Beneteau 473
Celerity

carl ramsey

Jul 6, 2016, 7:59:10 AM7/6/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
i have ben411.....i always leave my boom tilting towards mast  ,,,,,,never ever no water in it.....

Sent from Samsung tablet
--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Rick Lober

Jul 6, 2016, 8:02:00 AM7/6/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Carl - maybe I have it a bit lower than I had in the past...  Will adjust.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

bungee.john

Jul 6, 2016, 5:22:49 PM7/6/16
to Beneteau Owners
Just leave the boom down low enough so you don't hit your head and the water runs out the end ,gets rid of the salt

Get someone to run the hose on the hatch or lay hose to confirm where the leak is coming from before you attack the hatch ,sometimes it's a matter of removing the hatch carefully as not to crack the gel coat and reseal the flange to the boat