Fresh water tanks: SOP?

drdanj

Jan 16, 2018, 9:42:29 PM1/16/18
to Beneteau Owners
My new to me O400 has the two tanks, as I understand it, 150 gallon total capacity. One shows up full, the other empty. The empty one is because the fiuller cap is frozen. I posted about that separately, still working on it, but once I get it fixed, here's my question. Is there a "best fill" for these tanks under the conditions that I'm in a marina with good access to water? Is it good to leave them mostly empty? Any down side to that? Is there more likelihood that nasties will build up in a mostly full, half full, or a mostly empty tank? I see the advantages of lower capacity in terms of sailing - lighter weight. Just wondering if there is any difference in terms of tank and water maintenance. I do think I should drain the mostly full tank and finally clean both once I get that filler cap fixed.

DAVID FLETCHER

Jan 17, 2018, 11:10:24 PM1/17/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
The big tank is the fwd starboard. Both have inspection ports so you can get in there with a new unused toilet brush for cleaning

Just be sure to NOT push a hose down into the filler as the pressure can cause lots of trouble. Always run the water in from above the deck plate

If leaving for a long time add so bleach to keep an growth down

Sent from my iPhone

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Mark J Wilme

Jan 18, 2018, 12:07:33 PM1/18/18
to beneteau-owners
put the bleach in and run it through the lines so that the lines are protected also, don't just have it sitting in the tanks

Mark Wilme
Mark....@Gmail.com